Monday, December 01, 2008
Thanksgiving was fine. We don't do the traditional turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie thingy, and we didn't get an invite from anybody and also, both of our families are way further than driving distance away (Germany and California), so we just settled in with a roast chicken, fries, salad, rolls and apple pie. That was nice too.
Now comes the rest. We went out on Friday to check out the sales and I must say I scored a nice yarn stash at Michael's for almost half the price. I got some Wool Ease to make a washable cardigan for my dad, whenever I get around making it. But at least I have the yarn and that is a start. Then I wondered into Bath and Bodyworks and walked out with a s***load of wallflowers. I got a good deal on some shoes for my oldest and we ended up driving home with a new 30 gal aquarium for the fish we were supposed to adopt from another family that is leaving soon.
Doesn't sound so bad so far, right? Well, here we go:
- The fish we were supposed to get have been given to somebody else.(See the empty tank?)
Good side about that? I can choose my own fish to put into the tank.
- Our new puppy suddenly has a golf ball size "bubble" on her elbow and I already made an appointment with the vet to have her looked at.
Good side? She is not complaining that it hurts.
- Above mentioned puppy also decided to chew up my power cord to my husband's computer and it can't charge anymore.
Good thing? It's under warranty and will be replaced free of charge.
- I wanted something sweet after lunch yesterday and instead of biting into a nice chewy piece of Laffy Taffy, I bit on a piece of metal, which turn out to be one of my crowns.
Good thing? I didn't swallow it, I'm not in pain and hopefully the dentist can just cement it back in.
- And in knitting related incidents: I'm knitting right along my current Knitpicks projects and found out that I overshot the pattern by 12 rows and had to rip it out half way again and reknit it. The other bad thing, now the color repeat doesn't match up with it's mate.
So basically, it can only get better, right? Well, I'll tell you more after I'm done with the vet and the dentist.