Sunday, August 27, 2006

Findings in my craft room

I'm finally done going through most of my stuff and I got to organise my crafts room. At least I can say I know where to find stuff, even if it might not be the best place to put it. Anyway, I ran into a box with things, mainly booties and socks, that I want to post at etsy, once I figure out how much to charge for shipping. I hate to overcharge and get mad when I order something and get charged a lot of S+H just to get the thing and find out it only cost half of what I paid for. Anyway, once I get this figured out I'll put them up for sale. Here is a preview with more to follow, as it emerges:


Here is a pair of baby bibs that I cross stitched a while ago and then never wanted to use for the boys. They were too pretty to be messed up by baby slobber, so I only used them for looks. Now I figured I won't need them anymore (my "babies" are 5 and 9 now and go to school) so they are going up for sale. I tried to load a couple more pictures of booties and socks, but it takes too long. I'll do them little by little.

This is the latest project I've been working on: Entrelac dishcoth
It's going, but not as fast as I want it too. I tried to knit from left to write, so I won't have to turn it over all the time, but that's not always that easy. I'd like to use them for potholders, but I think for that purpose I'll have to double them. The pattern is pretty interesting. Thanks Keri, it's another challenge mastered.

I should be working on my UFO's but that dishcloth was just itching to be tested.


Here is one of the booties I'm selling. They have a cable design on the top and ribbons to keep them on the babies feet. I also have sock and matching thumbless mittens to offer. I've tried for the third thime to post them, but the computer and the memory card just don't want to talk to each other. I'll try it again in my next post. I just like it better, when the posts have pictures, makes the whole thing more interesting.

On another note, I had a little flood in my kitchen this morning. My dishwasher desided to spit out the water, instead of draining it. Great!! I had planned on moping my kitchen and dining room anyway, since we had a BBQ yesterday, I just like to do it when I want to do it and not when the dishwasher desides to act up. It was the first time I used it, since we moved in. I hope it'll work out fine next time.

The BBQ went great too. I fixed and prepared everything the day before, so all I had to do is hand over the meat to the grill master (my hubby). We had the Catalina Chicken Wings, Lipton Hamburgers, London Broil and Hot Dogs for the kids. I also made noodles salad and cole slaw and offered chips with it. All together I think it was a great success and earned some cool points for me from my husbands soldiers and his 1SGT. Now I'm definately the cool wife again.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the dishcloth looks great!

Thanks for the awesome BBQ, we really enjoyed it, the food was yummy and it was nice meeting your hubby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home