Monday, August 28, 2006

More stuff unearthed

Hi everybody, here is some more stuff from my box. How do you like that little tami cap I made for one of my boys? It's so cute and it was very interesting to make. At first it's a little hard to get the tension with the two different colors just right, but with practice it went pretty fast. Seeing the pattern come out helped alot getting this project done. All I still have to do is to dampen it and stretch it onto a plate to get a nice edge and for it to lay flatter.









Next is the potholder I just finished this morning. I enjoyed making the dishcloth, but I needed a set of potholders for myself, since the last set I made finally unraveled, since my MIL ended up burning the edges and then pulled a string! Yikes!! The left one is supposed to be the front, but I actually like the other side better. This potholder will definately NOT burn my fingers, since they are so thick. It's not just double crochet stitches, it's relief stitches, which gives it that extra thickness. I'll make a second one real quick-like, since I have a workorder for my dishwasher to wait for and can't go anywhere anyway. What do you think, etsy material? I hope so.

I'll dig some more and post some more later. It seems like after a certain number of pictures loaded, it just won't let me add any more? Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but this is all I had to show for this time. Hope to see you later.







2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god the tamy is beautiful...

Definetely the dishcloth is etsy material, but maybe you can make a close picture of the stitch definition, so the buyer can see the sickness of the fabric :) What a cutie!

Anja

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

that tami cap is too cute! love the colors ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home