Saturday, March 21, 2009

All about dogs

Yes, this post is all about dogs. First, here is what my "puppy" presented me with yesterday after just leaving the room for 5 minutes.



Nice, isn't it? It's what's left of one for Aaron's felted slippers. He couldn't find it the night before. Well, the dog it. She went to town with it and had it chewed up in no time. Luckily I have enough of the yarn left to make him another single slipper. Now I just have to make sure it felts to the same size.
Next is the doggy, I might replace that first one with. It's going to be a doggy pillow. Not a pillow for the dog, but a pillow that looks like a dog. Aaron also picked that one and wanted it to look like our retriever mix.
Staying with the animal theme, here is a little friend that I made quickly for a member of our knitting group. She has a habit of frogging everything at least once, so I thought she might be in good company like that. She loved him. (No, he is not flipping anybody off, I just didn't block his "fingers" out into the right direction :) ). He was fun to do, but is one of those projects you only do once.
I'm done with the pink lacy KnitPicks testknit, way ahead of schedule, which leaves me with some knitting/crochet time for myself. I also finished this Helena cardigan from Knitty. It's really pink, but the picture came out blue. Don't ask me why. I might have to retake it, before it goes to my neighbor, who is pregnant right now. It was supposed to be a 6 month size, but since I din't check the gauge before I started, she won't be able to use it for another year or so. Ooops.
Have a nice and productive weekend.

5 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Monika said...

Too bad about the slipper! The frog looks fantastic! Know exactly what you mean, by doing it just once. :o)
Will be intersting to see how the dog pillow will turn out. The baby jacket looks lovely, nice pattern, even if it looks blue in the picture. You are soooo fast with all your projects. :o)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Katidids said...

That sweater looks great Evie has a few to grow into also. I hate to gague swatch! The frog is great..have to check out your Rav Page for that?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

My parents dog did that to one of my favourite shoes when she was a puppy... and unfortunately, I couldn't just knit another one up. The really weird thing is, she never bothered chewing anyone else's shoes... just mine... and I didn't even live there.
Where did you get the frog pattern... it's way too cute.
Your Helena is gorgeous! I love that pattern. I'm waiting to find out if Dave's friend is having a girl so I can knit it for them.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, bad dog! For a moment I thought you were swapping a knitted dog for the real one. :) No. Pillow. That looks like a dog. No swap involved between real and knitted dogs. I'll get it eventually.....:)

That frog is darling! As is the Helena cardigan.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

instances like those make me very glad that i don't have pets!;o) i hope the new felted slipper is as close to the original one's size as possible!:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home