Sunday, November 16, 2008

Adjustments

First of all let me tell you, it's been a couple of interesting days here in my house. Since we have that new puppy in our house, I feel like I have to be on my toes all the time and I don't really want to leave the house. Why? Too bad I didn't take a picture of the destruction that greeted us today after being gone for only 3 hours, but you can use your imagination. Papers all over the floor, a chewed book and a nipped game boy charger cable that was salvageable thanks to some electrical tape. I don't think I have to tell you who was to blame for this? Needless to say, she is in the doghouse - literally - today. I thought having one dog in the house was a change from our normal life, but since we had adjusted to that, what harm can a second one be. Wrong! It's just like having a second set of kids. I mean, really. They fight over the same toy, even though there are all the other ones laying around on the floor, they eat each others food, growl at each other for the dumbest things and when they get to playing, nothing is holy anymore. I get knocked over, the furniture gets bumped and so on. That's when I turn into a bouncer and tell them both to take it outside.


Not even my yarn is safe. I noticed that yesterday, when I stepped away for a moment and next thing Laila (that's what we named the new one) tried to drag around my ball of yarn. I guess you don't need a cat when it comes to a pet that wants to play with yarn. No way, Missy. This is my house, my rules and especially my yarn and we don't play with mom's yarn! Not even those famous puppy dog eyes are going to safe your butt there.


Since we made the transition to knitting now, I can show you a teaser picture of what she tried to drag off yesterday. I literally knitted until I had to put it down at night, because my fingers hurt. It was a nasty, rainy, windy day anyway and I didn't even make it out of the house to throw my trash. Perfect for lounging pants, baggy t-shirt and knitting on the couch all day while catching up with my DVR.


That should keep you guessing for a while, but I can't show more, because it's going to be a Christmas present and I know the recipient checks my blog and ravelry.

5 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Oh, boy, I can imagine how your life must be now! Two females as well! You have to take pictures of the naughty stuff they are doing! Nice red little something you are knitting there! :o)
And yes, we had the same weather here, with snow. Lots of knitting and even spinning's going on around here too.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't tell what you're knitting even though I know what it is! ;-) My friend who has two dogs says that having two is so much more work than just one. Maybe she'll outgrown the puppy stuff quickly. She'll at least have to learn to leave the knitting alone!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

wow! that's a lot of traveling cables!! very cool:o) that sucks about your destructive dog! protect the yarn:o)

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puppies are such fun, aren't they? lol. It IS like having another kid around until they adjust to everything.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Katidids said...

Oh My! I have yet to receive this gift! LOL Beautiful work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home