Thursday, November 13, 2008

New distraction

So I've been knitting and reading and finishing and so on, but somehow I don't seem to have much to show for. I'm almost done with my traveling roses shawl and figured with 16 repeats (and I still have to read the pattern) it's enough. It's really nice and soft, but it's enough. I just don't want to see that pattern anymore in the near future. There are too many other things that need my attention. This one is one of them.



Isn't she worth all the attention? She is a cutie and we brought her home last night. She is a 6 months old lab mix and the mother, so I was told, was a pure bread Pyrenees mountain dog. You know what that means, right? This is her, with her 1/2 year next to my 3 year old retriever mix. Just imagine how big she is going to be next year? Well, we'll wait and see.

This blanket is what I just finished last week. It was a last minute baby blanket I had to make for a new baby in my husbands unit and I knew I needed something in thick yarn with thick needles. I tried to knit this one, but gave up on it really quick like. Instead I did a simple crochet ripple and knit until I ran out of yarn. I got the yarn really cheap too at Walmart where they had the Red Heart Baby Clouds marked down to 1.50 a pack. Now how could I say no to this one, but I tell you what - it was not the most enjoyable thing I ever crochet. That's for sure. The whole time I had to hunt for the hole where to put the next stitch, because I just couldn't see it very good due to the texture of the yarn. But it's done and I hope it'll be well received.

6 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Holy cow, this dog will be really big! In the second picture you really can see the Lab in her! She looks adorable, and I can't believe how well they are doing together! Did you find a name yet?

The baby blanket looks soft and looks very nice. I'm sure they'll love it!

Good luck with your new family memeber!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

She's beautiful!!!! And that's okay big dogs are better (I like BIG cats too... Tux is 20 lbs)

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger fleegle said...

Very pretty!

And no, the Niebling pattern was quite easy, but fun to do.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

She's a cutie! The baby blanket is very cute. I crocheted a small baby blanket out of baby cloud once....when I was done cussing I swore never to use it again. ;)

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's so cute! And I love big dogs you know. I'm sure she'll fit right in with your family.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The puppy is a cutie! Hopefully she fits right in with your family.

The blanket is really pretty, even if it wasn't the easiest crochet project. I'm sure the new parents will love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home