Saturday, October 04, 2008

Inbetween Knitting

I had to cast on an new project yesterday. It was just itching. Seeing the seasons starting to change, the crispness in the fall air and all the nice stuff on Ravelry, I couldn't resist. My queue list is getting longer and I have to take a new look at my boxes of yarn. They are put away in my closet and only come out to play when I need something in there. It's not nicely displayed or organised for me to reach in and grab what I like, because I don't have my "craft room" anymore. Sniff.



Anyway, this is what I cast on for a friend yesterday. She "threw" some of her stash yarn at me and asked me to come up with something. Well, this is what I came up with.


It's a variation of the feather and fan pattern. The only thing I changed was that I left that one purl row out, so basically the whole front has more of a stockinette look, if that's what you can say.

Now that doesn't mean that I'm done with the stranded knitting, but I had to take a breather break. I'm more than 1/3 through the chart and my knitting is getting so much more even now. I guess it's like they always say: Practice makes perfect? I'm far from perfect, but I'm trying to work my way to it. :)

Have a nice knitting weekend.

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute!

Close to perfect.

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's going to be a great scarf for your friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home