Monday, September 08, 2008

Today is the day

Well actually, it's tomorrow, but today is the day when I try to turn into Superwoman. Today is the day that I'm up at 5.30 am doing laundry already. It's the day when I pack up the rest of my belongings into my car and clean this place out. Today is when I want to wash the sheets, the towels, clean the stove and the fridge and make this place presentable for the next people that need a temp apartment, while waiting for their permanent home for over a month. Man, that has been a long time, especially when you are told in the beginning that they can place you within 7 days. Yeah, in a really crappy, over 40 year old 8plex apartment that is not worth the rent they are taking from you.

Anyway, enough with the griping, because on Friday, literally one hour before the weekend and before the office closed, we finally got the keys to our new place. What a releave, because my husband had to leave to go to school the very next morning. Hey, at least we had the keys, right? Now it's up to me to clear this place here (I'm only staying here, because of the internet and the TV!), hopefully today, because tomorrow I have a sh**load of boxes coming my way. All weekend long I have been planning and organising in my mind and I come to the conlusion that I really miss that extra bedroom we used to have. It was my stash room. It didn't start out like that, but it turned into it. Now I don't know where to put all my fabric and yarn that is coming my way and that I missed so much over last month. I might just have to "rent" some space in my kids' closets. Or the other solution is to use it all up as quick as possible.

So, just in case you wonder why I can't blog for a while (again), you might want to send out a search party to find me trapped between boxes and packing paper. Wish me luck.

In the meantime, this is what my entrelac blanket looks like.




I'm on my 4th yarn change and it's coming along great. I'm following Dave's pattern for his Garterlac Dishcloth and it couldn't turn out better. Thanks Dave.

10 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Monika said...

All the best to you and don't get lost under the boxes! Ah, it's too bad you don't have an extra room. I only have one now, that my daughter's not living at home anymore. The blanket looks so soft and cute, and your knitting looks perfect! Good luck!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I'll hop on a plane and help dig you out of the boxes if you get buried. Good luck on rearranging everything in your new place. The big plastic stackable jumbo drawers have been a lifesaver for storing my stash.

The blanket is cute!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

I'm sending you all the positive moving energy I can muster. I moved 11 times in 10 years, once mailing all of my worldly possessions home from Russia one box at a time. When we finally bought this house, I swore I'd have to be carried out of here in a coffin, because I'm not going any other way. It's been nine years now.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving! Yuck! But better than staying there. Have fun moving it all - by yourself? Poor baby. Hope it's going quickly and painlessly and you're back online soon.

So no craftroom for you in the new place either?

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so hard to unpack when you have boxes and paper everywhere. Ugh! Good luck! That's too bad about not having a stash room. It's so nice to have a place you can hide/store all the good stuff.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Anne K. said...

Adorable blanket....and best of luck with the move!!!

 
At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no craft room now? ::gasp:: I sure hope the move is smooth and congrats on your new home.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well! Good luck with the move. :)

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Soo said...

Good luck with the move!!!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

I feel for you about moving...one of my least favorite things :) Sorry I have been out of commission for so long, but I'm back now and reading away! I love your entrelac..I just finished my first entrelac scarf and loved it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home