Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I'm making progress

Do you see this? You know what that means? I finally had enough of this pattern and decided to finish it. I'm working on the outside border right now. I'm going around with all three colors once, that should do it.
This is a FO from this weekend. I had to give this double knitting a try and found it pretty interesting. At first it was a little confusing until I got the hang of it and I figured out the right way for me to hold the yarn. Then it went pretty smooth and I had this hot pad finished in a day. It can be found on Knitting Help. I knitted this one with 4 mm needles and cotton yarn that Keri sent me, when she was weeding through her stash not too long ago. Thanks. This was a perfect combination of pattern and stash yarn.

Here is the backside of it. Or is it the front? I can't decide which one I like better. Unfortunately I don't think I have enough yarn to make another one just like that one. They are nice and thick and work good as a hot pad or a pot holder.

The reason for this sudden burst of FOs is another FO. I finally got the last test knit off the needles and had to wait for it to dry after a nice soak. To me it turned out perfect, the pattern was easy to follow and I didn't have to check back with Kim at Knit Picks at all. Nice. Just keep your eyes open in the October catalog for something brown. Yeah, like you'll remember that. So you have to excuse me, but I'm off to the UPS store to send out their package and then finish the border on the blanket. See ya.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Everything looks great. Cool potholder. I've added it to my queue. Enjoy your free knitting time. :)

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Monika said...

Yeah for the baby blanket! And also for the potholder. Do you like it enough to do something bigger now?

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought that was a nice blanket. The double knit looks good, too! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home