Monday, May 26, 2008

Family Trip

Having two days off in a row at the same time doesn't happen to us that often, so we had to take advantage of it. Even though the gas prices seem to be going through the roof right now, we took the oportunity for a day trip to Atlanta. We didn't get cought in the travel rush, so the drive was pretty smooth. After only about 4 hours we made it to Atlanta and headed for our destination, the Georgia Aquarium. It was pretty impressive for being a huge aquarium, but since we expected something a little more interactive, we didn't spend as much time there as we had planned.


Next stop, after a drive through a pretty (and rich looking) neighborhood with old colonial houses and parks with jogging people, very nice landscaping and Mercedes in the drive ways, was Stone Mountain Park. After this we headed home and since we had more time on hand than expected and traffic wasn't bad either, we stopped one more time at the Tanger Outlet Mall in Locust Grove and took advantage of their Memorial Day savings and the additional military discounts offered. I scored a couple of nice Tommy pants for me :).


Since we were on the road a while I had a chance to get quite a bit of knitting done too. I am up
7 inches on the latest test knit. 3 balls of yarn down and many more to go.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Monika said...

How can you knit in the car and NOT get sick? That looks like a lot of cableing! At least it's not boring stockinett stitch! :o)

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. Those cables look very pretty. I'm still wondering what you're making. :-)

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, gas prices are what kept us from traveling this weekend! But I'm glad you all got out. Day trips are fun.

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good trip! Look at all those nice cables!

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip and I like that cabling too.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Tami said...

Your trip sounds wonderful.

I completed the meme you tagged me for. It was lots of fun.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love knitting in the car on long trips. I never feel guilty about not doing what I should be doing.

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to spend driving time. That sample is looking beautiful. I look forward to seeing it in the catalog.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Verona said...

Nice project! What is it??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home