Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Temptation

This is what I got in the mail a couple of days ago from Monika (www.yarnloopie.blogspot.com/). I'm going to test knit the Mohana pattern for her with this. It's a great yarn and a great color made by Dyed in the Wool Handmade in Winter Violet.


She also added a skein of Fleece Artist to it as a bonus. Thanks so much.

So no wonder I couldn't help but cast on this morning to see how this knits up and to get started on her test knit, so the pattern can available to more people than just her and me. I'm so special, I know, and I'm a schmuck too, but you have to forgive me for that.

The KP test knit is coming along great too. The only problem I have now is, that Monika's shawl and the KP is using the same size needle. Hmm. Timeshare?

Here is the reason for my short blogging absence:

Yes, Hubby is home. After more than a year he is finally back from his deployment and if I have anything to do with it, it was his last one too.
This is the boys, before the bus came in, waiting......

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Oh, I am so happy for you!!!

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great family photo! I'm so happy that he's home safe with you all. Enjoy your family time together!

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Welcome home!!

My DH has been back for 4 years now and it still seems like yesterday.

Isn't it wonderful to have your whole family all together again? Congratulations!

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First- Love the yarn!
Second- Yippee for homecoming! I didn't want to email and disturb the happiness. :-) I'm glad fast attack submarines only have 6 months deployments. Hope the transition to coming home is going smoothly.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Completely understandable blog absence. ;~) Glad to hear he's home safe and sound. Hope you all transition to normal life quickly.

Yummy Yarn! Can't blame you for wanting to cast on right away.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

That is so wonderful! Welcome home!

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was all prepared to oooh and aaah over that gorgeous yarn, but now I just want to awwwww over your hubby coming home!

Enjoy your family time together and blog when you can. We all understand.

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course the yarn is fabulous, but nothing compares to having hubby home. YEAH! I'm so thrilled for you and the boys. How wonderful!

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Yeah! Pretty yarn and a homecoming, too!

Please give your hubby a big "Thank You" hug from me for his service. :)

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea your dh was gone for so long. That's a LONG time, OMG. I'm so glad he's home. I really hope he gets to stay!

The yarn is lovely.

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Angelika Ich lese oft Deinen Blog,sehe gerade freue mich dass Dein Mann wieder zuhause ist.Mein Sohn wird auch in den naechsten paar Tagen kommen .Alles Gute Dir und Deiner Fanilie Gruesse aus Portland OR Gabi.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Yea!!! I'm so glad he's home! You and the boys must be thrilled.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Monika said...

You look quite happy! It's a nice family picture. I'm happy for all of you!

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freut mich dass dein Mann wieder daheim ist:)
Liebe Gruesse, Anja

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I can't wait to see the shawl! I have the one Monika knit and it's incredibly stunning. Everyone I show it to asks for the pattern.

Congratulations on having your family together again. :)

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Soo said...

Wahey!! It's great to hear that he's home safe and sound. Wahey!!!

(I LOVE that colour of that yarn.)

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Tami said...

So happy for you that hubby is home. What a relief.

That yarn is beautiful.I love the color.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home