Saturday, March 08, 2008

No more tidepool

It's done. I can honestly say, that this test knit was the longest one ever. Did you ever knit a whole cardigan in lace weight yarn? Well, I did. That's why it's been kind of boring on this blog, because that's all I did. I had no other projects going on the side, except when I was stuck and got to crochet a couple of diamonds for the baby blanket. I was in a time crunch already, so yesterday I missed the UPS driver for the pick up and today I spent 4 1/2 hours in the ER with my oldest with swollen tonsils, fever and all the other good stuff that goes with it. That was excellent knitting time and by the time I got the prescription for him, I was done with the cast off. I ran home, stuffed it (lovingly) in a box, wished it fair well and brought it to the UPS store to send it off. Unfortunately there was no time to take a picture, so this is what I took two days ago.


Here is also an updated picture of the baby blanket. I would say I'm half way done?



I also got a lovely package in the mail from Keri. As a thank you for the mermaid gloves I knitted for her she dyed some yarn for me. Not only did she send back the yarn I sent to her, but also some extra sock yarn. And to make the package complete, she added two sets of Knitpicks Harmony sock needles in two different sizes. Now what do you say about that? That is so cool. She is such a great friend and always knows how to surprise me. Thanks Keri. I love all the stuff.




Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love how everything "looks". ;-) Hope your oldest is feeling better!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Monika said...

I'm happy for you to have finished the KP project. I'm looking forward to seeing some other knitting now, or crochet, either way, will be interesting, I'm sure. The baby blanket looks lovely. Do you work the ends in as you go? Love the blues in your goodie box.

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do amazing work!

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray I'm so glad you liked it all! =)

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laceweight cardigan huh? Sounds pretty, but sometimes even worsted weight sweaters can be boring. Especially when you're on sleeve island!

I hope everything is going better now and that there'll be no more hospital runs in the near future. Ick.

What a great package!!

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A whole cardigan in lace weight? Wow. Cute baby blanket!

Bad that there was an ER visit but it does afford lots of lovely time to knit. All better now, I hope.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Julie said...

ER visits are definitely useful for knitting, but honestly I would rather avoid sitting there for any reason. Hope everyone is doing much better, and now you are free to knit whatever you want! Can't wait to see this latest test knit in the catalog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home