Sunday, January 27, 2008

Crisis averted


I am so unbelievably happy that my computer recovered from it's "cold". I have no idea what happened, but it would give me trouble with the internet explorer. My husband is blaming it on me interrupting a systems check up. Anyway, I thought I tried everything, but nothing would make my poor computer better. So I remembered the problem my neighbor had one day and I deleted the program completely, hoping it would recover, after rebooting. Nope, wrong answer. Now it was definitely kaputt. After discussions back and forth I had that little light bulb going on in my head, the blond roots were pushed out of the way and I remembered something about restoring the darn thing back to a better point in it's life. So it tried this and low and behold, it worked. My puter is up and running again, like it was two weeks ago.


I promise I will never interrupt a check up on my computer and I know now how to work a time warp. Am I great or what? Keri, I didn't mean to bug you, but luckily I could figure it out.


So, first things first. Thank you Tammy and Monika for the following award


Both of them awarded me with the "You make my Day" award and that makes me feel so great. I'm so glad people check into my blog once in a while to check up on my knitting, get teased with KP sneak peeks and see whatever else is going on in my life. Thank you so much. Maybe it's my writing style that makes some people laugh. Having English as a second language is not always easy and I still catch myself every once in a while trying to translate a German phrase into English word for word, which or course makes not only my husband crack up. So bare with me, whenever I do this.


Oh, yeah, the award. Here it goes: "Da Rules"


"Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times."


Keri - http://knittygrittythoughts.typepad.com/knitty_gritty_thoughts/

Wannietta - http://whatswanniettaknittingtoday.blogspot.com/

Pat - http://www.patsknittingandquilting.com/

Julie - http://jeweltomes.blogspot.com/

Rhonda - http://knitorpurl.blogspot.com/

Yarnhog - http://yarnhog-yarnhog.blogspot.com/ (I know she already has the award, but she makes me smile)

Ashley - http://ashley511.blogspot.com/

Kristie - http://guiltypleasures.wordpress.com/

Del - http://cozysplace.blogspot.com/

LaurieM - http://issueswithknitting.blogspot.com/


Sorry about slapping the links on there like this, but blogger won't let me link it right now.


Of course out of contest are Tammy and Monika. All of those bloggers have such interesting blogs, whether it's because of their projects or just because of what's going on in their life. I'm sure we all have a long list on our bloglines, but there are just those certain blogs that we just have to jump to first, to check them out, while others get skimmed. Admit it, we all do it. So, to all of you I just want to say, keep blogging, and even if you are not on the immediate list, you are still on my big list, I check in on you all the time and I love you all.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Glad to hear your computer crisis has been averted. Now you can go back to knitting and blogging with out being harassed by your computer. :)

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Ha, I just got booted out, and told, that I made a duplicate action. Huh?
I was just saying, that I'm a skimmer too, but not your blog! :o)
I like the option of restoring the PC to its better days, have used it once or twice. Usually though I'm just yelling for my son to come and fix the problem.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great choices for the awards and congratulations on your award!

I'm happy to hear your computer is better. It's awful how much I depend on mine.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger LaurieM said...

I just stopped by because I wanted to respond to a comment you left on my blog and couldn't remember your e-mail address. And now I see you've nominated me for this little award. Aww shucks, thanks!

Even if I don't respond, I do appreciate the comments you leave. Thanks go right back to you.

 
At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How absolutely sweet of you! You also make MY day!!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Maufi said...

Just found your blog by coincidence.

Hallo aus California. Ich bin auch deutsche, lebe in Los Angeles, habe 3 Maedchen und arbeite. I also love to knit and crochet.

Alles Gute
Ilka

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You do deserve it!

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe how sweet- thanks! =)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Cheryl in AZ said...

I think you totally derseve this award. I love popping in to see your happenings, and peeks and such. Plus I have a friend here in VA who is also a German married to an American with your same name. Go figure!

I plan to award some of my friends this little honor as well.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Danke sehr Angelika!! It's really nice to know that I'm some sort of interesting, informative or fun!! I've met a lot of other great people through The Blogs (you included)!

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for fixing your computer! I have a tendency to screw mine up, too, and it's so frustrating. However, when you can fix it, it's pretty satisfying, isn't it?

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Right back at ya, babe. Check out my blogpost from 30 Jan.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so thrilled, my first ever blog award!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home