Friday, January 04, 2008

Drive by entry

I don't really have time. Gotta run, because the mailman (gotta love him) brought me new yarn from Knit Picks for a new project. Can't tell you, as usual, what it is, but it's this yarn in watermelon and coral. So now I gotta go an swatch, so I can get started. You know how it is, if you have a pattern and have to wait for the yarn. It's just itching for you to get your hands on it.

The other thing I started it the Qiviuk Webs Tam from IK Holiday Issue 2007, page 33. I cast it on yesterday already, thinking I could go with a 2.5 mm needles and then use a 3mm instead of the recommended 2.25 and 2.75 (sorry, I have metric needles and I don't own those inbetween sizes). But that didn't work out. Way to loose and way to big. So I went to a 2mm and a 2.5 mm needles and even cast on the 112 stitches for the kids size instead of the 144 for the adult hat. Imagine that. After putting it on a cable needle I could pull it over my head without drowning in it and without it restricting any bloodflow to the brain either. :) I did end up going back to dpn (in ebony, hmmm), because the cables aren't long enough for a desent loop, but too long to just keep on knitting in a round. Sorry, but the piece is not picture worthy yet, but like I read on one comment about it on Ravelry, you really gotta love to purl on this one. Many say it looks better on the inside? We'll see when it starts taking shape.

Oh, and the baby blanket grows a couple of diamonds each day too, here and there.

Until then. Happy Knitting. :D

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Monika said...

You've got quite a lot going on again! :o)

 
At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see you newest project for KP, always exciting:), Anja

 

Post a Comment

<< Home