Wednesday, January 02, 2008

First FO for 2008

This one is not a leftover from last year. This was started on January 1st and finished today, one day later. Can you tell I have too much time on my hands? I grabbed a yarn, checked which patterns I had in queue on Ravelry and went for it. This is Coronet from Knitty Winter 2003.

It's a nice little hat, but I had to make some adjustments to the pattern (again). I know, I'm bad with that. I didn't realize at first, that the braid on the hat is turned up. This actually worked to my advantage, because otherwise I would have run out of yarn. That's why it's facing the other direction. I just had to be different. I don't know what kind of yarn that is anyway. I grabbed an odd ball from the bin and started. No gauge test, just grabbing some needles that might work with it and off I went, making the braided edge. That was a lot of fun and before you know it, I had it done.
Now, unless I get the yarn for a new Knit Picks project tomorrow, I'll either have to find another quick project or work on the baby blanket. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea for today. I need to get this one done too sometime. After all, the kid is growing with everyday, which means, the blanket is going to have to be bigger too? Better get cracking then. :)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Just love that hat! I like that colour too, and it looks really nice on your son.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Monika said...

The hat is lovely, and your son wears it well. You are amazingly fast knitter! To crochet a blanket for a baby growing every day is a very brave thing to do! :o)

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice hat! Very good fit from the picture. :-)

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger tiennieknits said...

Nicely done! Happy New Year!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool & quick project. Love that braid & the color is beautiful!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I love "spur of the moment" projects - your Coronet is beautiful!

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat is so cute! Trust you to have to modify it. ;) Coronet is on my list of knits to knit one day. And an FO already? Awesome.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger hakucho said...

Very cute hat!

lots of happy knitting in 2008 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home