Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Swap Mittens - received


Look at what the mailman left for me to find yesterday. I got Katie's swap package from the Fingerless Mitts for Fall Swap. It's so cute. She changed the theme a little to "New Mexico", which I like.


There are the mittens she mad for me, of course, which can be found in the IK Spring 2006 issue, made from KP Swish. This yarn is so soft and it's superwash, not like I'd get those Pom Poms dirty enough to where they would see the inside of my washer.


She also surprised me with a generous 4 ozs. of Cormo Wool from the Elsa Wool Company. This yarn, being 100 % wool, is so super soft. It makes me want to see if I can get my hands on some more of that for a bigger project. Especially after my wool experience with the Lopi, this is the total opposite.


Then there were some Salsa (thank you for the mild) and some dip and stew mixes, accompanied by a coyote and a jalapeno cookie cutter, and to make sure I wouldn't burn my hands while making those, she also included a nice potholder and kitchen towel. How sweet is that? Thank you so much Katie. I hope you'll like your package too.


After seeing all those long lines at the post office yesterday and the day before I decided to go to the UPS store to send of my goodies for her. It was a little more expensive, but there was no line. That was already worth it.


I'm doing progress on my Shaped Triangle Shawl. I have the main body done and moved to the edge. After 6 or 7 repeats of it, and figuring out the hard way, that there was another typo in the pattern, I have it memorised. After all, there are 30 zig zags on each side of the shawl and I sure don't want to have to drag that pattern with me every time I sit down for it. It's so nice to finally see the big blob starting to come off the long needles. Freedom for the lace!


Then I printed out the pattern for the Mermaid Gloves. Keri send me the yarn she wants me to use, together with what I got from her stash sale. The Luxury Cashmere is so soft, but I have no idea what I'm going to use it for yet. But it called my name and I had to have it. :)

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

What a fabulous and delightful package! Love the mitts and that Cormo! MMMMmmmmm!
Your lace shawl is so very pretty, won't be long,eh?

Aaah, Alpaca Cloud, and the Luxury Aran... my drool bucket is getting quite the work out this morning!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Marina said...

So that's where the cashmere went to. Looks yummy! So does the Cormo and other things you got in the swap. I've heard a lot of wonderful things about Cormo. It will interesting to see what you do with it.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Monika said...

What a lovely package! Haven't seen those mittens before. Very girly with the bombons. The shawl's going to be great, lovely color. I've read about cormo yarn, but have never used it. Looking forward what you'll come up with for it.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

The cormo yarn looks so yummy, and you are so lucky with the mitts you got!

My hands are cold, I sure can't wait for the koigu and the mermaid mitts, hint hint, haha! =)

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

What a great package your swap pal sent.

I rarely buy yarn knowing exactly what I'm going to use it for. :~)

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Those are so sweet! I love the pompoms. And yum, green chile. Nice swap! Now I want to see what you sent....

Your shaped triangle shawl is coming along nicely!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The shawl is beautiful - I can't wait to see it blocked out!!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger tiennieknits said...

Nice package - enjoy!

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your smart to memorize the pattern. Knitting lace is hard enough but having to look at the pattern, make sure your on the right line and at the right place only makes things harder. I hope to start on a shawl next year.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Bernadette said...

Yay! What a great swap package! The mitts are beautiful, and the yarn looks lovely, too! You should have lots of fun making those yummy Santa Fe treats, too! :) My swap package is on its way - I can't wait! :) Thanks for sharing the photo of your goodies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home