Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mailcall

First of all I want to wish everybody a Happy Halloween today. I'm not a great fan of it, I don't like the scary movies that are constantly on TV, even the shows on the kids channels. They make my kids want to sleep in my bed at night and I like my space. So, after tonight, hopefully I have more room again. :)

This is what my two pumpkin heads made for this year.


Not too bad I must say.

Now for the fun part on my side. The mailman (gotta love that man ;)) brought me another package yesterday. Wanna see what was in there?

I ordered a big skein of Bare sock yarn, black Essentials sock yarn, Shadow Jewels Heather and a longer cable for the Options needles. Yum.

The sock yarn is so I can make more stranded socks or mittens and combine them with all my other crazy colored sock yarns. I might be done with the Endpapers, but that doesn't mean I'm going to do everything one colored now ;).

The lace yarn and the longer cable is for the Shaped Triangle Shawl from the "Gathering of Lace". This is going to be my next lace project for a friend of mine. Now I get to use my new swift!..... Gotta go, gotta wind. Talk to you later.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Blogger Monika said...

What cute pumpkin heads! All four of them! ;o)

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

I'm over from monika's, the Endpaper Mitts you sent her are Gorgeous, as well as the little sock... and that bookmark has charmed me completely... was that hard to crochet?

Your pumpkin heads are very handsome!

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New yarn new swift, what more can a girl ask for??? =)

And your endpapers for Monika are beautiful, I love your little matching sock. Great job!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

How cute of your boys! I know what you mean. I'm not a big fan of Halloween, either. It think it's gotten more sinister over the years. Nice package from KP. I will be anxious to see the new shawl progress.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Love the pumpkins, and the handsome boys. Have fun.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Stell said...

cool, mail people bringing new knit stuff (can't wait to see the stranded mittens!), and cute kids, life must be pretty good?
Thanks for stopping by my blog :-D

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your boys are so cute! Happy Halloween!

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pumpkinheads! I don't like scary movies but I do like candy and costumes.

I've got to pull out my Gathering of Lace to see your new shawl project...

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Technically it's Halloween but it looks like Christmas for you! Your sons are so adorable.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

What cuties! They've got quite the talent in pumpkin carving.

Nice stash enhancement too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home