Saturday, October 27, 2007

Another Teaser

Sorry guys, but I can't help myself. I love teasing you with the Knit Picks projects I get to work on. I guess I should make this a contest and ravel off the unused yarn for the one that can find the project first in the new catalog? I don't know about that, but it was a thought :) Anyway, I guess I can show you a sneak peak of my latest knit without giving away too much about the pattern. I'm on my second skein and this is what it looks like so far.
Pretty revealing, right? Plain stockinette. The great thing is that I can pretty much knit on that project with my eyes closed, glued to the TV or on a book. I'm using Elegance 70 Alpaca/30 Silk and this is turning into some very soft fabric. As you can also see I'm using my new Harmony Options needles that came in my last order. I love them and they make the whole project a little colorful. The only thing I don't like is, if they untwist after a while and the yarn gets stuck sometimes. I guess I'm turning my needle as I'm knitting? Maybe that would be a good time to use that nifty little tool that comes with the cables? Now where did I put that one?
I also picked out a new lace shawl for a friend of mine for a Christmas present. Well, it's more like, I knit you a shawl and you refinish a piece of furniture for me. Works out great for me, since I have no idea about wood, unless it's a needle, and she only knows a little crochet and would love to own a shawl. Perfect match, don't you think?
The pattern is one from Meg Swanson's book "A Gathering of Lace" which Monika had sent me in her kindness together with "Knitting" by Sarah Dallas. Thanks a million, Moni. I hope my swap makes it to you soon. :) If you guys want to check out her new and totally free pattern of fingerless mitts named "Kyla", you won't regret it. They are amazing.
Oh, and to announce another FO, I just wanted to let you know that the hot pink Endpapers are done, but I didn't want to bore you with another picture of it, plus my hand model wasn't available for a shoot this time.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

You are a teaser, that's for sure. Elegance looks lovely, even in stockinette. I also see you are using your Harmony needles. I just love mine, especially the DP's. Hope you are having a terrific weekend.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Julie said...

That's a beautiful color and that yarn looks very elegant. Would you buy it for your own stash?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

You tease, you! :~)
Can't wait for the next catalog to see what you've made.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Your project looks beautiful! I love the color of the yarn and those needles are awesome aren't they?!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

Oooh, I love that yarn! I did the Knit Picks Kimono pullover in Elegance in barn red. The yarn is so soft and drapey, with such a beautiful sheen. I loved working with it.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Monika said...

I love the color grey, don't know why I hardly use it. That must change now. Can't wait to see your finished project, but I'm sure it will be beautifully knit, as all your projects are. ;o)

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I bet that yarn is so soft to knit with!! I think your contest idea is great, except that for some reason I think I get my magazine a week after everyone else :-(

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Need more clues! Stocking stitch with no edging and so it curls? A sweater?

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a tease! I do like that grey color though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home