Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Hug the mailman

I got my Knit Picks order (yes, I order for myself too) in the mail today and I have to say it didn't take that long this time. Or maybe I was just so busy, that I didn't notice. Anyway, here is what I got.

Two skeins of Knit Picks Lace weight 100 % Merino in bare. I got that in order to work on the Secret of Chrysopolis, but haven't decided yet, whether to use that one and dye it to which ever color I like after I'm done or use a gold colored mystery cone yarn from my stash, since Chrysopolis was also known as the "City of Gold".

Moving right along to the new Harmony needle tips. I had to do an inventory of my needles first to figure out which size and needles I actually needed. I do have 3 mm and 3.75 mm and 4 mm circs, but I was missing the 3.5 mm. What a great chance to fill that gap, right? I also found that I didn't have a set of 3 mm DPNs, which is the reason why my Endpaper Mitts are knitted on circulars. I seem to enjoy the DPN better for projects like socks and mittens. So there goes the next order. Unfortunately they weren't available until today, but I'm sure I'll find another reason to send out the next order soon.

Here is why. I also got the book "Knitting Classic Style" by Veronik Avery. I only saw the 8 projects that were featured on the website and already loved it. Now that I got the book in hand and got to look at all the 35 projects, I so have to narrow down my list, because the stuff in there is so great. The best thing is, that it's totally wearable. Not funky knits, no crazy colors, not techniques from hell that break your fingers or needles, whichever comes first, just plain, good, nice, did I mention wearable? projects. From hats, to mittens, from sweaters to cardigans, tops, socks, there is a little bit of everything in there. Got check it out and tell me you don't love it.

Now we go back to the regularly scheduled knitting, after cooling off the keys and wiping off the drool. Unfortunately my batteries for the camera were all dead, so I supplied you with hopefully enough links to get my point across. I really need to get out some more. Knit on.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for new yarn! I have to give those Harmony needles a try, they sound really nice. I bought the Knitting Classic Style book a few weeks ago, too, and I agree, the projects are very classic and wearable. I think the thing that I liked most about this book is that there were several patterns I would love to make for my husband, ones that he'll actually want to wear. Plus there are several that I want to knit for myself :)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Oooh, let me know how you like both the Harmony needles and the Veronik Avery book. I love her designs. So glad you got such nice things. Have fun!

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't really like the new Harmony needles and seeing how I always knit on circs and not DPNs I didn't feel that I wanted them but the more I see them, the more I covet them!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 4 Harmonys on back order -I check everyday, but so far no luck. I'm waiting on a pair of 2.75mm for my next socks...

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Nothing so fun as a nice big package!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home