Saturday, September 15, 2007

Tangled Fringe

I couldn't stop knitting today and that's why I already have a new post for you already. I got so caught up in that braided shawl and the issue that I had with it. It only took a little break, a note pad and the light came on and the stitches got untangled, so to speak. It suddenly all made sense, so I got going with it.


Here is pretty much how it breaks down. After the eyelet row we add all together 16 more stitches to the needle, which leaves us with 361, 180 on each side and one in the center. Split them up like the pattern suggests, you end up with 10 fringes at the beginning made from each stitch, then you have the next 160 stitches, which gives you one fringe per 3 stitches = 80, plus another 10 before the middle. There are your 100 fringes per side. Did you follow my math here? Just make sure you put the fringe at the middle of each 3 stitches.

So here are the pictures to go with it:

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

That knitted fringe is so cool. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that!

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It so pretty! I still need to knit a shawl...someday...

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Monika said...

How on earth are we going to resume knitting after the fringe is done??? And thanks a million for the pictures! ;o)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Is that it? Ok, the fringe is cute but ... I think you need another shawl on the same level as Rona!

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa you are making good time on that shawl. Can't wait to see the rest of it after you pick up all those fringies.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

That is so unique! I'll definitely be watching your blog to see how this progresses!

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Soo said...

It's funny how sometimes you read some instructions and they seem like gibberish - but then a little brain power and *ping* the light goes on.

Perfect shawl -- particularly now that the days are getting cooler.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home