Monday, August 20, 2007

Sock FO, IK FAll 2007

I'm happy to announce that after a long time I finally finished a pair of socks again (pics will follow). Well, the last ones were the monkeys, so it wasn't really that long ago, but it sure felt like it. So now I'm off to crochet Piglet. Stay tuned for that one.

So I walked into Walmart the other day and picked up the issue of IK Fall 2007. Wow, I've seen the previews for it, but there are really a lot of things in there I like this time again. Some of them are rather simple in pattern and I'd really would have to try to stay focused, but sometimes you just need a plain stockinette project to unwind. So here are my choices, not necessarily in that order.

Tangled Yoke Cardigan. I've seen pics of the patten in the planing stages on Eunny's blog way back when and it looks absolutely doable. So there is one of the things on my list. They even made their own KAL for that one, but let's not neglect Tammy's IK KAL for that one now.

Miminalist Cardigan. That's another simple knit, but I might want to make that one a tad longer for myself. I do like the fact that the band is worked different and it sounds pretty easy to do. There is also a KAL for that one, in case you haven't found it yet.

Cinnabar Pullover. Another simple pattern knit that promisses to be a classic. It definately deserves another look.

The Snowflake Socks are a must, but I'm still digging for the right kind of yarn in my stash for those. Any idea if it's too hard to use regular sockyarn and just adding some stitches to make it 60 or 64 CO?

The Sweetheart Vest and the Mirepoix Bodice are really nice too, for then the Fair Isle bug creaps up again and bites.

I'm not so much into the dresses and the chunky knits, but the hats and scarfs are quick knit fixed for inbetween, when the big stuff gets too boring.

All in all I think it was worth it getting this issue. I skipped the last one for summer and one day I will probably regret not buying it, but at the time it came out I just couldn't find anything that made me jump. So, what do you think? Which one are we going to start with first? I'm open for suggestions.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Erica said...

I'll be starting the Tangled Yoke as soon as my yarn arrives. I'm also looking at the Minimalist too.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Sue J. said...

I'm drawn to the Minimalist Cardigan. I just like the simplicity of the lines and design. But, actually, I could start with most anything in the magazine. It's a great issue.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

The agony of decision making! I totally feel your pain. :)

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Julie said...

I still can't get past the paragraph where you say you bought IK in Wal-Mart. I didn't even know they sold it there.

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That tangled yoke is so beautiful! I would love to see you tackle it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home