Saturday, August 04, 2007

I need new socks

In needed a new project on the needles and I needed it now. I was getting a little burned out on the baby blanket and it's slow crochet progress and I wanted to wait and see how the outcome of the mystery stole would be. Usually I wouldn't mind the adventure and just go with it, but since there is a lot of time and work going into this stole that I could be using otherwise, I desided to sit tight and wait.


Now I found this pattern for socks on the Crystal Palace website and had to give these cute ruffled socks a try. Perfect in fall colors with a twisted cotton yarn I brought from Germany and bought off of ebay I grabbed my needles and casted on 216 stitches (!). Don't worry, they simmered down to only 72. Right now you only see one row of ruffles. The sencond one will be added at the end of the sock.
I also ordered two book from my library and I'm waiting for them to be ready to be picked up. One is the Charmed Knits (I'm sure every Harry Potter fan knows this book) and the other one is Family Knits from Debbie Bliss. I found a nice sweater pattern in it while I was digging in the book sale from Knit Picks. Guess what else I found at Knit Picks, while I was digging for the link for the sweater? I'm so excited!!!!! MY CARDIGAN!!! My first test knit for them.

10 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

whoohoo! There it is! Your sweater is gorgeous, and such a nice job. I have to go check this out.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

What fun!! Great job.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the ruffled cuff on that sock. Very girly :)

You'll like Family Knits. I got it in the mail last week, and already found at least 5 projects I plan to knit from it.

Congratulations on the test knit! It must be so exciting to see your hard work in print!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Julie said...

How awesome! Your cardigan! I'm so proud of you! Now I have to go have a look for myself.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Well done, Angelika! Fantastic! Tell them you need more work or else I really have to give some thought to your proposition ;-)

 
At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Your test knit is fabulously done! How very cool!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Monika said...

How did you like knitting Iris Schreier's sweater?
You were almost right about the sock pattern! It's every other row. ;o)

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Joanna said...

Wow! You made that? It looks wonderful! What a thrill to see your work in print. Way to go, Angelika!

p.s. Don't be mad at me, but I tagged you! (you don't have to do it if you don't want).

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it!!
Schaut echt super toll aus, gut gemacht Angelika!
Verona

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

YEAH for you! You must be thrilled to see your very own test knit being published in a magazine and on a website. Personally, I wish they would've sent you a solid colorway to show off the design better, but it's still quite pretty.

You must be on cloud 9.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home