Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm baaaack

Well, knitting blog buddies, you have my full attention again. My 15 days with my hubby are over, done, finished and these couple of days will have to last for a while, I mean, almost a year. I think we did quite a couple of things, but not so much that we couldn't say we didn't have some time to ourselves. It wasn't too hectic.

My husband still managed to rack up a good 300+ miles on this brand new Ducati, which I got delivered after he was already gone with only 7 miles on it. I guess it's not so brand stinkin' new anymore now.

First I have to say the kids had no idea when he was coming home. They knew it was soon, but had no date. I took them to the mall and on the way I "missed" my exit and ended up at the airport, still no suspicion, where they had something to eat and where my husband surprised them.

We took a trip to the Kennedy Space Center, took an air boat ride on the Everglades, where we saw Alligators and, believe it or not, a cow. Don't ask how it got there or why, but it was there.


We went shopping in one of the numerous outlet malls as well as the Florida Mall and had a great time dining at Medieval Times. No utensils there, I tell you. It was fun and the kids really got into all the jousting thing and cheered on "our" knight. The "evil" black knight was yummy. I couldn't figure out who had the better hair, the knight or the horse. :) We also had some nice dinners and some time at the beach.


For the knitting content of this post I must say that the long anticipated yarn for the latest Knit Picks project made it here the same day as my husband. What a bummer. I had to knit while he was home. It's kinda ironic, when you think of it. It got here when he came home and I dropped the finished sweater off today, the same day I dropped him off at the airport to go back to Iraq. I had enough knitting hours on our trip to Florida and back and managed to squeeze in some stitches here and there.


So now I'm without that, without him, just the Mystery Stole to catch up to and the Chevron Scarf to finish. I tried to sign up for the Lace Shawl KAL, but somehow my emails must have gotten lost. I didn't get an invitation yet. I'll try it one more time and if it doesn't work this time, I guess it wasn't meant to be my KAL. I was also asked to make some baby blankets. Any suggestions for patterns? No matter if knit or crochet, but it's gotta be cute and semi fast to finish.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I'm so glad you got to enjoy these past few days with you hubby! Your post brought back memories... I lived in Florida as a child while my dad was serving during the Vietnam war. I remember going to the airport for a surprise visit myself. Tampa airport I think.

The KP project looks great!!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

So happy you all had such a good time together. What a joy it must have been. Your pics are great. Hubby's bike is awesome. And that sweater. Oh my, I wish I could see the whole thing. I think KP has some wonderful things coming up for the Fall and Winter.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Monika said...

Your proifl introduction cracked me up. You are funny!
It's nice to have a wonderful holiday.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a great family time - I can't believe you have to live so long without him! Kudos to you!

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great surprise for your kids - I don't know if I would be able to keep the secret! It looks like you had some wonderful family time!
(that knit picks sweater looks gorgeous!!)

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Cheryl in AZ said...

Welcome back Angelika, so glad to hear you had such great days with the family. My girlfriend in Germany is also living much of her life without her DH as he is with the German Air Force in Africa. Was suppose to be 4 months and has now turned into (when all is said and done) almost 2yrs. He too gets to come home on short visits every so often.
Looking forward to seeing all your new progress on your knitting bits.

Take Care

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Glad you had a nice vacation. I can't imagine having such a short time with the one you love. P.S.: Check out this baby blanket.
http://knitorpurl.blogspot.com/search?q=baby+blanket
I loved making it.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh, that's wonderful you had such a great time together! How long is your hubby in Iraq?

Mmmm, M&M World!!!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Julie said...

It's so important that you had a good time with your family. Your boys will never forget the trips you took and the time spent together. Knitting is important, but your family is much more so. Glad you're back - you had a good reason for not blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home