Sunday, July 08, 2007

Mystery Stole 3 Clue 2 Update

Wow, what an official title that is to this entry. Despite all the sidetracking and all the other things I did since Friday, I did manage to finish clue 2 of the ongoing mystery stole.

It's turning out very nicely, but surely needs some vigorous blocking to show all the details. Maybe I should have used a thicker yarn or a smaller needle size after all, but all will be revealed when it's done, soaked and blocked at the end. Right now I'm ok with it. The pattern emerges quite well, but unlike so many others, that knit this stole, I'm not jumping to any conclusions on what the theme might be. I'm just happily knitting along. You might want to check out the group and see what all "interesting" theme guesses they are coming up with.


My chevron scarf is also growing and growing. Right now, unstretched, it's already measuring a generous 33 inches. Of course that's easy to do since I'm working with fuzzy yarn and 5.5 mm needles, compared to the other KAL knitters who are using STR or any other kind of sock yarn. I'm not cheating, I'm experimenting and altering the scarf to fit my own needs and expectations for the outcome (hale to the big words).

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Ooooh, both look great. I have to get going on Clue#2. Love the scarf, too. Did you get your KP project yet?

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Va Va VA Voom! What a pinup! You hubby is going to love that.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both look great! Woo hoo on the pin-up!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Debora B said...

Hi- I also am doing the MS3- I have half of #2 done and I love it! I am with you and won't even try to guess the theme. I joined the Knitty KAL also so will "see" you there! Aren't we gluttons for punishment!!

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Brigitte said...

So, I'm really enjoying peeking in on everyone doing the Mystery Stole KAL. It's looking great!

(Just looking at the comment above...um, what's the Knitty KAL?!)

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MS 3 looks great!

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stole is looking pretty - I'm about 20 rows shy of finishing clue 2 - I really like the pace and don't think I will have any trouble keeping up to speed!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Brigitte said...

No, not yet! Can you e-mail it to me?

bdepocas@rogersdotcom

Thanks! It's been a day!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Your stole is coming along beautiful! I finished mine last night and I also have no ideas as to what the theme is. I'm not sure I care though either. Isn't that strange?

I LOVE that you're not using STR for your scarf. I'm going to knit it too and probably going to use "something" in my stash. I'm just not sure what yet!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

The stole looks great.. and the fuzzy chevron scarf looks really nice too! It is just one of those things that you want to wrap yourself up in on cold days!

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MS3 looks pretty! Even though I signed up for it, I'm still not inspired to knit the stole, so I'll knit it vicariously through you, OK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home