Sunday, June 24, 2007

Recovery Sunday

Today is a lazy day to recover from this week. Yesterday we went to the beach and came back with a nice sun burn. My older son, which tans easily and usually never has a problem with the sun, has his first sun burn and is not very happy about it. Welcome to my world. So the only thing we are doing today is hanging out the house, maybe cleaning all the sand out of my Jeep, and knitting on stuff. That is my part anyway. I don't think my boys are going to start knitting for me, like Tiennie's husband. Hale to him, I bow in respect.

I've been doing some stuff these last couple of days. Here is what is going out in the mail today. Still shrouded in mystery, but this is all you get until the catalog comes out. When? I don't know yet.



Then I did a dozen of those again. Since we are an army post with mostly deployed soldiers right now, these flags are selling very well. Bad for us wives, who's husbands are gone, but good for me.


I'm getting ready for the start of the MysteryStole 3 on Friday, the 29th. I'm itching to get the first clue and casting on with the very soft merino/silk blend yarn I ordered just for this stole. I also have beads to knit in with it, but I'm undecided on the color. The race is on between the ice and the crystal. I'd show you pics of the beads, but my camera didn't want to focus the way I wanted it to and then the batteries ran out.


Then there is another thing that is holding my knitting spirits above water. Since I'm not in the mood for socks at the moment (Monkeys are sleeping), I don't want to touch 100 % iceland wool in almost 100 degrees (Fair Isle is hibernating), there was a certain lace doily that was calling my name and I answered. I found this nice pattern in The Lacy Knitting of Mary Schiffmann. It's called the plastic doily and it's just what's keeping me busy until Friday. As you can see I've already made some progress. I don't know what it is with the circular lace knitting, but it's fun. I don't know who this is for, but I had to knit something interesting, airy, lacy for now and that was it. I'm knitting this with 100 % Cotton crochet yarn on 2.5 mm circular needles. It's some german brand that gives me 267m/50g and is usually worked with a 1.5 to 2 mm hook. I know I'm nuts, but that's just me.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I'm so proud of you - you completed the first project for KnitPicks!! When it comes out in their magazine you'll have to let us know. I hear you about knitting in 100 degree weather. Okay, it's only about 75 here, but it is still much to warm to fiddle with wool of any kind. Your lace doily is the perfect size for a summer project, and you've knit it up so fast too.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Sue J. said...

You aren't nuts at all. I have that book, and the lace doilies are beautiful. I just didn't really know what thread to use. Now I know. It's hot here, too. Way too hot for anything heavy and wool. Just socks for me until Friday. I am so excited for the first clue. Please give our sincerest thanks, respect and best wishes to all the guys/gals deployed. Your flags are terrific.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Too hot for Fair Isle?! Nobody told me that ;-)

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to build the suspense for your project! Matt is excited that he was blogged about! Thanks!

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey where's your swatch for mystery stole??? I want to see want you think about mine, I'm not sure if it's too open or not.

Your doily is very pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home