Friday, June 08, 2007

Happy Anniversary to me

I just wanted to share with you what my husband sent to me via UPS yesterday. It was a box that looks like a little house and had this little guy in it.





Isn't he sweet? I don't have a name for him yet, so I'm open for suggestions. After 17 (!) years he still knows how to surprise me. Now this is a Build-a-Bear and he was made to my husbands wished, tuxedo, sash and roses added, the way he wanted them. Since my husband is more than 13,000 miles from home he is the next best thing for me to hug. And for all of you that wanted to see what I looked like, here we go. (The one with the red shirt is me).

I also have other news, that I can't reveal yet, because I don't want to jinx it (no! no family expansion here) I have something simmering, that might put some of my knitting projects, even planned ones on hold. I'll give you more hints as things develop. I bet I got you on your toes now. In the meantime I'm finishing up the first sleeve on my fair isle. Laurie, do you hear me? Keep up, girl.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Congratulations! That was so sweet, thoughtful and loving of the husband.

You're making him a sweater?

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Aww, he's so sweet! (your hubby, that is :)) Happy Anniversary!

I want hints!!!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Cheryl in AZ said...

Isn't it wonderful to have great husbands?? I sent a bear like that to my husband and he even had a recording inside from me. Mine was a cowboy bear (my husband was an AF officer for 28yrs and now a historian but he is truly a lovable cowboy at heart)

I will be keeping an eye out to try to figure out your mystery.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

What a wonderfully sweet gift! And I'm so glad you posted a picture of yourself! We had our 17th wedding anniversary this year as well. Happy Anniversary!

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Now you've got me curious...hmm....wonder what it could be!?

P.S. I got the e-mail on the list of patterns. When I get a chance I'll look through them all.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Julie said...

That is the nicest thing he could have done! Beats diamonds (but you can get those later!). I'm all for naming the bear George, since Georgia is where you want your hubby to come back to. And just so you know, all day I'll sit here thinking of other names. Thanks a lot! ^_^

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, how super sweet of him!!

 
At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary. I'm behind on my blog reading! Spending anniversaries (and birthdays, holidays...) away from your husband is awful, but it's nice to know he was thinking of you and is still able to surprise you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home