Monday, June 04, 2007

Bonita Redux

Wanna know what I did just an hour ago? I took Bonita, she completely trusted me, and I ripped her sleeves out. Yes, you are reading right. I had to fiddle with it for little while, but I took the sleeves out. After seeing Tammy's Bonita and the way her sleeves fit so perfectly, I decided it's time to do something drastic with mine, or I won't wear the shirt at all. I was going to wear it this morning, but a look in the mirror made me take it off again, so we went ripping. Instead I'll make it a tank or sleeveless shirt. I think that is the best way to go for me. I'll pick up the stitches and make an I-cord finish, just like before. Don't hate me for it, I just wanted both of us to be happy.

Also, I spent some time in one of my favorite stores today (Bath and Body Works) which is having a great sale and now my house smells wonderful like moonlight path and fresh linen. Hmmm. Hey, it was raining and I had to wait for the shower to be over, so I wouldn't get soaked.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh No! You didn't?! Well, I think it would make a cute sleeveless top. I thought that myself when I tried it on in progress. The pattern didn't seem to adjust the sleeve sizes much for the different sweater sizes. I felt incredibly lucky that mine fit in the end! I can't wait to see your adjustments. After spending that much time on a sweater, you want to be pleased with the fit. (As for me, I'm going to continue to ignore my crooked sleeves... and strongly resist the quirky need I have to point such things out to everybody.

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I don't know if I'd have the energy to rework my knitting like that! Can't wait to see it redone and finished.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

I haven't knit Bonita, but after seeing Kimberly's I also thought the pattern would work well as a tank top too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home