Friday, May 04, 2007

Crochet FO

Here it is, the crochet Bolero, my latest FO. It was actually done last night, but it was late and I had to find a victim that would take a picture of me. I tracked down my trusty neighbor and also tried one of those famous bathroom mirror shots (I think I'm getting the hang of it). What do you think?


I guess it didn't turn out too bad. Of course I can't pull it off quite like the model, but I think it's nice. Maybe the grey is not the most flattering color, but that's what I had available at the moment. I also think that an extra row at the bottom of the bolero wouldn't have looked so bad either.

Now here is the next thing I'm working on:

Since we have a couple of pregnant soldiers in my husband's unit (needless to say they are here and not in Iraq), the wives are planning a baby shower. For that reason I started on this cute little baby hat. I found the pattern on the Knitting Daily website. This website is run by Interweave and has lots of interesting articles, a blog and daily new patterns. I signed up right away. I found it through the IK KAL, when somebody posted a FO from that site. Go check it out.
Oh, and I'm still waiting on the yarn from Webs for the Fair Isle sweater. .....ETA: monday. (?)

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh my!! That is adorable! I think it looks great on you. Yes, you're right a bit longer would have been good but I like it. I made mine two repeats longer just for that reason. I was thinking that if it's not long enough, I'll just make the belt wider around the whole thing. Maybe. Great job! You are soo fast. Your expression is great too. :-)

 
At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, du bist ja superschnell! Obwohl ich auch finde, dass es recht kurz aussieht, steht es dir gut. Sieht halt nicht aus wie im Heft, aber muß es ja auch nicht. Die Anleitung für die Mütze habe ich mir gestern auch ausgedruckt und wollte ich demnächst stricken. Bis dahin bist Du sicherlich längst fertig.

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that looks great on you! Love the color!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Marina said...

What do you mean "it didn't turn out too bad"?! It's lovely!

Crossing my fingers that you get the yarn soon! I know how difficult that part is, especially when communications is not their strong point.

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Süße! Das Bolero sieht echt klasse aus an dir! Hast du vielleicht abgenommen? Mir scheint es so... Aber was machste denn auf dem Foto für eine Schnute? Das Mützchen wird auch total süß! Braves Mädle!
LG Karin

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful too me - Summery, lacy, and lovely - I don't think it needed an extra row and the light grey is perfect!

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, how fabulous. How perfectly lacy. I think the color looks pretty on you :)
And that baby hat is TDF. I love how lacy it is too. Keep up the beautiful work girl.
And thanks again you sweet person you.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I love the color, the length, the pattern and everything! You crochet as beautifully as you knit. I wish I were multi-talented like that.

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Angelika,
ich komme kaum dazu alle meine Feed Reader Einträge "abzuarbeiten". Heute habe ich bei Dir geschaut und alle diese schönen fertigen Stücke entdeckt. Ganz großes Kompliment - alles sieht einfach gut aus. Der gehäkelte Bolero ist ja ganz wunderbar und auch die kleine Mütze. Ich muss mich bei IWK unbedingt anmelden. Ich werde als nächstes auch häkeln, denn ich versuche gerade eine Häkeljacke nach einem gekauften Modell hinzubekommen.
Viele Grüße aus old Germany
Angelika

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Forever late to the party... that's me... I think it turned out wonderful!!! I love it. Thanks for letting us have a peak of what you look like too. :)

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bolero looks great on you! Well done!

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you share with us where you got the pattern? I Love your bolero

 

Post a Comment

<< Home