Thursday, April 12, 2007

Another test run

OK, I took some of the advise given and cooked up another bath this morning. This time with only 5 colors, one time with the red/pink as a background (bottom half), once with it as the x and Os (top).
I'm leaning more towards the top half, but somehow it looks a little christmasy. The grey and pink combination in the bottom seams to wash out just as much as the green and pink before, so that's a no-go. I guess since it's x and o pattern the pink/red color scheme will make it a valentine's sweater for next year?
Here as a comparison the other swatch with the green and the blue. Somehow, with only the grey and the cream it's missing something. The Zing is gone, something to pep it up. Any suggestions? Trust me, nothing will offend me and the advice I got last time helped me change some things around. I got until after this weekend to decide what I want to do, so there is absolutely no pressure there what so ever.

7 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

I'm afraid I won't be of much help because I still like your original swatch very, very much.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Nickerjac said...

I'd like to see the green back in there and a lot less of the red, just the smallest part of the pattern :) Hope that helps

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

Yes, very valentiney - great colour combination!!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Tami said...

This might not help but I think the problem is that you have two pinks and a red, they are all from the same color group.

I would keep the new swatch the same and replace the dark pink with the blue.

I think the green clashes with the red so if you still want to use the green maybe go with your first swatch and put the cream where the red was.

I knit the Rowan colorwork bag using blue, pink, purple, green and cream. this is how it turned out:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/catsaway/DSCN1682.jpg

keep working with it you will find something you like.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

OOHH.. I'm so glad you used the gray! However, although I didn't like the green, I did like the blue. Maybe adding some blue back in would give you the "zing" you're looking for.

Here's my idea. Put the gray where you have the cream color and put the blue where you have the gray color. I wonder what that would look like?

Are you sick of swatching yet?

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Marina said...

How about trying the blue or green with the grey? To me, the lightest pink is too light. It's difficult to see the pattern on that row.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I love the white in there with the grey. I wonder what a little black would do? It could look so pretty against the white and light pink. Just a thought. Probably a bad one at that. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home