Friday, March 23, 2007

Minor Distractions

So you want to know, why the Bonita Shirt is taking a break? Well, I guess I could say I got blinded by all the white, but to be quite honest, I was getting a little bit bored, so I got side tracked. I finished the cotton socks and now have to hold myself back not to start on the second pair from the toes up.

They also have to wait, since a couple of minor (two of them not so minor) "orders/requests" from neighbors and coworkers managed to skip ahead to the top of the waiting list. I have a coworker that wanted to make her daughters some fuzzy scarves, but we know now that fuzzy yarn like fun fur is no FUN to crochet. Since she hasn't knitted in years and didn't know how to do it anymore, I had to come to the rescue and knit the scarves for her. Here is FO pastel scarf and not yet FO fuzzy rainbow scarf. They are knitting up fairly fast, so there is no problem there.

I also was asked to make a somewhat patriotic bear. Well, I guess here comes Pooh Bear once again, this time in different colors. Just stay tuned and find out what I'm coming up with for this special little bear.

Also a "baby" blanket is on order. To replace a somewhat tattered original blanket, which after 9 years of love and wash is not longer so desirable, I'm asked to crochet a new blanket in similar pattern and similar color. This is going to be in pale yellow Chenille and crochet with big needles. Here is a look at the pattern it's going to be. It's the letter "C" for Classic Cover-up from the Leisure Arts Leaflet 3014 "Our best Afghans A to Z.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Marina said...

How are you going to manage to stay monogamous when you do a Fair Isle sweater ;-)

The "C" afghan is going to lovely!

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You're so nice to be knitting stuff for other people with your busy life.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Busy Busy Busy! That's so great that you're knitting for others. You're very kind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home