Thursday, March 01, 2007

Playing ketchup ;)

Hi everyone. I guess it's time for me to play catch up with all the projects I've been talking about, working on and unable to post properly. I temporarly solved my computer problem by hooking up a monitor to the laptop, which seem to be working fine. Now I got some pictures to show you:

This is what the nice mail lady brought me last week. It's a box from Rachel. She hear me crying about how I never had the pleasure of knitting with handspun and came to the rescue. She sent me some of her very own handspun yarn to play with and this is what I finished with one of the balls of yarn that is unfortunately missing from the picture:

Isn't it cute? I just had to give this stuff a try and I absolutely love the way the colors change. Great job spinning this up, Rachel.

Next up is a ragquilt I threw together in a day for the new little baby girl of a soldier in our unit to accompany the baby booties. Here is a little work in progress photo gallery (I guess) of the different stages of the quilt. Really simple and really fast too = instant gratification. I love projects like these:


Then, like that wasn't enough yet, I knitted up this little hottie in a day with my trusty size 8 mm sparkly needles. Maybe that's what made my fingers fly? I think it's more like the size of the needles :)

After all of that I needed some time out and I made a couple of the mini socks from my left over sock yarn stash and gave some to my deserving friends and I knitted a couple more rows on the infamous kimono shawl. It's still not finished, but after a couple more visits to the dentist's office with my kids I should be done with it soon ;).


Gotta run, I hope that will keep you reading for a while. At least I put enough pictures in there to keep you entertained. I know how boring all my babling can be :) Later

:o)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Rag Quilt in a Day" - you should write the book!! It is adorable...What a nice gift...and booties too!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are very cute and sweet projects!

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute quilt - love the cute baby prints.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little coin purse is adorable! What a great idea for using up little bits of yarn. I bet my daughter and nieces would love those.

The quilt is great, too. The people around you are extremely lucky to receive handmade gifts so often. You're awesome!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger momsue84 said...

My goodness, you have been one busy lady. I love all that handspun. Yum! And the baby quilt is so adorable. Good for you for the support of our military. Hubby is former Air Force, so I sure know what it's like to be a military family. Oh, the tales I could tell. Happy knitting, Angelika!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Wow, look at all that handspun! Lucky you; have fun with it. :)

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Joanna said...

Look at all the cute stuff you've been making! The quilt and booties are so sweet.

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo! You've been a busy knitter. Love the pink scarf and that quilt is adorable. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home