Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Look what I found

I found this yarn yesterday at Walmart and Big Lots. Sorry, but for a quick yarn fix, this is the only thing we have available in this back a.... town of ours. I'm sure Keri can sing a song about this too, right? I didn't have time to drive 40+ miles to make it to a yarn store, so that is all I have to show for.

It's to make this:

Somebody wants ponchos for her grand children and I wanted something fast and chunky to make it in time for my Feb. 22nd deadline. Which one is nicer with the yarn? At least with the little bit of different blobs of color I don't have to worry too much about pattern. I'm just going to knit it up, probably in two rectangles, and let the color do all the work for me. I'll keep you posted what the finished product will look like. I can't wait to cast on, but I still have other things on the needles, that have to be finished.

I only have another inch or so to go on the third Bea Ellis hat, before I have to decrease. I'm such a fanatic, addict, ... whatever you might want to call it. I have to be outa here in about an hour and I'm leaving my laundry to be folded later and the dishes to be washed later, just so I can take the finished hat with me. I'm sure you will understand, right? Please tell me you know why I'm doing this and understand and support my decisions?.... Thought so! ;)

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is going to be one funky, fun poncho!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Nickerjac said...

It is completely understandable, and there is nothing wrong with walmart I wish I had one in my town x

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Verona said...

Wal-Mart is fine, I go shopping there fairly often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home