Friday, January 26, 2007

Drumroll please!

May I present:

My very own Rona Lace Shawl. This took me about a month to finish it, but now it's done. It was a generous christmas gift from Keri, thank you very much. The pattern is from Knit Picks and it was knitted with 3 skeins (about 1 oz was left over) Knit Picks Shadow in Vineyard on amerikan size 5 (3,75mm) interchangable cables from Knit Picks in 24 and 32" size and a size D crochet hook. Don't ask me how many stitches there are all together, but I know there were over 1,000 stitches on the cable by the time I was at the end.

Here are some close up pics:

Now I was knitting a couple of rows on my Kimono Shawl and they seemed to just fly off the needles, since the rows are so much shorter. I was going to work with my knitting machine today too, but since the Rona is so comfortable on the floor in front of it, I guess that's not going to work today and will be delayed for a little bit. Maybe that means my husbands hat will have to be knitted by hand, just like the light blue one for my son. Can't let those needles cool down and I gotta keep you on your toes and checking back in with me. I hope the finished shawl is an inspiration for all those that wanted to knit it, but have been to scared or who left this project slip into the UFO box. It's absolutely doable and the crochet edging is a little different for me, but not really a problem at all, just a little time consuming. So, get to it and let me see yours, since I showed you mine:)

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning! I am so impressed that it only took you about a month. I think it would have taken me forever to knit something that size. I'm sure it's a relief to have it off the needles, though. You did a wonderful job, and should be very proud of yourself!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Marina said...

It's fabulous! Bravo! I don't think I could do that. How on Earth do you keep track of a thousand stitches? Those big "holes" look scary!

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow it's just amazing!!!!!

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh so gorgeous! It's beautiful!!!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Petra said...

Ja Wahnsinn! Und so schön gespannt auch schon. Du hast meine ehrliche Bewunderung! Ich hätte da wahrscheinlich nicht durchgehalten.

LG
Petra

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Nickerjac said...

That is os beautiful, can't wait till I can pick up the needles again on mine :)

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Absolutely gorgeous! And you knit that in one month? Wow.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh my, you did an amazing job. Gorgous!!!

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, wunderschoen, ich habe mir ja das Muster bestellt, aber mich noch nicht rangewagt...liebe Gruesse, Anja

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger knitnzu said...

That is SO pretty! (I found you from Keri)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Dove Knits said...

I'm finishing a Rona right now, and Googled to see other people's. Your is so gorgeous! I love that colorway, and you did an outstanding job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home