Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Be patient now

If you are expecting to see more purple pictures I must disappoint you. Since I had to take an unscheduled break from the Roan Lace I picked up the Kimono Shawl again for a while. I made it to repeat 19/25 right now. Yesterday I had to knit back about 5 - 6 rows, because I forgot part of the repeat and made a mistake. Today I got around to winding the first of the two skeins of now dry Shadow Vineyard, but I tell you, now more than ever I am considering buying a yarn swift. It wasn't pretty and everybody in my house left me alone, even the dog, because I made us huge mess with the yarn. Eventually I got to wind it into a nice manageable ball which got wound up into a center pull ball and is now awaiting it's faith. Too bad it's gotta wait a little longer. It's like bait for me. I want to knit it so bad, but I'm afraid the poor kimono is going to be the step child again so I vowed to finish at least the ball of cashmere yarn I'm working on right now, before I continue on the Rona Lace. It's kinda like sitting in front of a plate of brussel sprouts and the only way you are going to eat it, is thinking about the dessert you'll get when you finish your plate. So I'll update you further, when my dinner plate is empty :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, brings back bad memories. I couldn't do without a swift.

Ah dessert! Sometimes I'll reward myself with a bit of dessert after a few brussel sprouts ;-) The trick is not to finish the dessert before the brussel sprouts!

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know one of the best things I ever did was to buy a swift at joann.com and use a 50% off coupon. I just got one, if you think you could use it.

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your plate empty yet? HeHe =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home