Thursday, December 21, 2006

Broken DigiCam sucks!

Please be patient with me. The main reason why I haven't been blogging in a couple of days is, that I don't have a working or charged digital camera to show off what I've been working on. I hate to tell you that my diamond scarf is done and boxed up already and I have no picture to proof it and to keep for my records. I used up all the yarn I had left. I started out with five balls (50g each) and used one ball for the cabled gloves. The rest went into the scarf and after blocking and not counting the frindge it measured about 110 inches! I guess to make up for the holes you could wrap yourself in it like a mummy. Both, the scarf and the gloves are going to Germany as a Christmas gift.

I've also been working a little on my kimono shawl and finished the second ball of yarn. For some reason the yarn keeps breaking. Either I'm too rough on it or is just the fact that it is recycled. I don't think I will get the shawl done this year (boy that sounds bad), but at least I'm working on it. Today I went to a book store and checked out the Victorian Lace Today everybody is talking about. I have to admit I was impressed with the patterns offered in the book. I might invest in it, but not from the book store. Why should I pay full price there, plus tax, if I can get it for at least 30 % off on the internet?

I also submitted my pictures of Eunny's Print O' The Wave Stole to her blog and she posted them. It's interesting to see how many people copy her projects and the way they turn out. My friend Keri and I worked on our stoles together. Hers is posted too.

Let's hope Santa sets me up with a new or maybe even used (right now anything will do) camera, so I can record and post my work. Thanks for checking in.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, what a bummer about your camera!

I have VLT and it's a gorgeous book, very inspiring

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that Santa brings you a camera that works. It's no fun having a knitting blog, and no way to share your works :( It's OK, I'll still visit to see what you're up to, pictures or not. I saw your stole in Eunny's gallery. Very nice!
I wish you and your family a very happy holiday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home