Friday, November 17, 2006

My contribution to Lacevember

It's not like everybody was just hanging around waiting to see what my contribution to Lacevember is, but here it is anyway. I finally got around to casting on and passing the first repeat of Cheryl Oberles Kimono Shawl. How do you like it so far? I have the be honest, the border with it's plain garder stitch is a little bland. I wish it was something a little more challenging, but I guess that's ok. The rest of the pattern makes up for it.

I first saw the shawl in Eunny's blog and loved the way it turned out. That's why I bought the book and found more interesting things in it, but always went back to this one. So there it is, my project for this knitalong made from red (recy) cashmere on 3 mm needles.

4 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Dave said...

That's going to be gorgeous -- and cashmere? Yummm!!

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so that's what you are doing with that cashmere yarn. That is going to be one luxurious shawl. It looks pretty now, and just think of how gorgeous it will look once it's finished and blocked!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Becka said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

LOL, another GA girl here!

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sehr schön! Da hast du dir ja wieder mal was vorgenommen! Und dann noch in so einem edlen Material! Klasse!
LG Karin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home