Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Lacevember Questions

The knitting questions, or the usual suspects

How long have you been knitting? Since 3rd grade maybe and that is ..... let me calculate...... too long ago.
How did you learn to knit? In elementary school. Everybody, even the boys, learned how to knit.
Favorite thing about knitting? You create something useful, something you can wear and that keeps you warm from a strand of yarn. It's amazing if you think about it.
How long have you been knitting lace? Not that long. I've been on a sock trip for a while.
Favorite thing about knitting lace. It looks so delicate and fragile and still, it keeps you warm on chilly evenings or to say the least, it looks gorgeous.

The yarn questions, or flash your stash

Favorite lace yarn? Anything very thin.
variegated or solids for shawls? Depends on the pattern, I guess.
Favorite lace color? What ever is available and makes the pattern stand out the best.

Technique, or show us your skillz

Circs or straights? Socks - straights, big things - circulars.
Favorite lace knitting trick? Are there any? Please tell me!
Lifelines? Gotta check constantly, before you go wrong.
If so with what? Check with the picture and the line below.
Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet? Carpet and lots of pins.
Pattern, or can you follow directions? I prefer patterns, when all the bugs are worked out.
shawls or lacey items? Either or.
triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls? So far, rectangle and willing to experiment.
Charts or printed instructions? Charts.
Favorite lace you've knit? So far only the Print o' the wave
Favorite lace you want to knit?Kimono Shawl by Cheryl Oberle

Just Fun, yup that's right, just for fun

Favorite jelly belly flavor? Lemon, I guess or better yet a whole mixed hand full.
Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red..... Let me guess, a dead guy?
Coke, classic or with lime? Either, but I prefer water. It has less sugar and calories.
Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves? They are nice for the first days, but get annoying on christmas eve, when there is nothing else to listen to.
What is the definition of irony? There is no such thing, because we are all way to nice. Right?
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? Not that many, because I love tootsie rolls, but the world may never know.
Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door? I don't have a cat, so it must be the dog after she ate another one of my son's socks.
What is your superhero power? I have eye in the back of my head and my kids know it.
If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be?Do we really want to tile the laundry? Lets paint it instead.
What's for dinner tonight? Whatever is fast and available.
What is clogging my children's bathtub drain? It's not the hair, so it must be the stuff the construction workers left behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home