Friday, November 03, 2006

Enjoy the wave




Well, here it is. Those are the pictures I got to shoot right now. My bathrooms aren't the kind to show off, so there goes the mirror shot. I also didn't have a photographer handy or a model, so the tree had to be the victim. The blocking didn't make mine turn out as nice as Keri's stole, but it sure stretched it about a foot longer. Maybe it's the mohair? I can't really tell, but I'm happy with it. I especially like the shadow shot. Now I just have to find a reason as well as the outfit to go with this one.

I also have a sneak peak for you on the other thing I started as soon as I was done with the stole. I have to admit it, I'm an addict. I ran around the house trying to do something with my hands. It was only a few hours before going to bed, but I couldn't just sit around with my hands in my lap. That's just not going to happen. So I picked up the rest of the yarn I got from Catherine and added some white to it and started on a hat with fair isle pattern. I used US size 0 needles (2mm) and the yarn turn out so great on that. The needles are just soooo short (5 inches) that I had to watch out that my stitches wouldn't slip off all the time. I casted on 144 stitches and as of right now I have no idea who this is going to fit. Well, once I get it done we'll see. I'll have enough left to make some mittens, maybe even big enough for me? It got kinda cold this morning, when I walked my dog.


I just love the way the color changes within the pattern and the white still stands out. I hope Marina is not too critical about my knitting. I'm only starting on this technique and I hope the right tension comes with practice.

Well, that should be it for today. The addict need to get another dose of knitting. Keep those needles clicking.

5 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Erica said...

It turned out lovely!!! I know what you mean, I have no idea where I'm going to wear mine. Perhaps around my house while I vacuum??? :)

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stole turned out wonderfully! You should be so proud of it, even if you don't know what to wear it with.
And, my goodness, the hat! I LOVE it!

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous, my favorite pic is the middle one.

I still love your hat, Cath's yarn looks so cool!

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooo beautiful!!!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Marina said...

"The wave" is gorgeous! I love rectangle shawls and stoles.

And the "fir isle", you're a natural at it! The stitches are very even. Some people don't achieve that so quickly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home