Sunday, October 08, 2006

New Additions


Well everyone, here is the second psychadelic sock made with Catherine's Mama Llama Handpainted Sockyarn "Caves & Crystals". They might not match perfectly, but it doesn't matter which way I wear them, the colors seem to flow from one foot to the other. Cool. It's really not fair to hide them inside of shoes. Maybe I should have made geisha socks out of them, you know, the kind that has one big toe knit separate, like mittens. Then I could wear them even with flip flops.

The next project is a stocking parallel to the shawl I'm knitting with Keri and Erica. How are you girls doing? I'm done with one short side border and turned the first corner. I guess I have to have two projects going to alternate so I don't get bored. I promise to do my best not to leave any UFO's on the way.

Now for the next addition, may I present FANCY, our new family pet. She is a Chow Retriever mix, she is about 15 months old, weighs about 53 lbs., and we picked her up from the local shelter yesterday. She was owned by a military family here in town, but they "surrendered" her to the vet when they PCSed. She is very sweet and loves to cuddle. She is good with the kids and you can tell she wasn't abused or abandoned. It's good to know she has vet records and a real birthday. I guess now it's our turn to spoil her. Just look at that adorable puppy face? The chow makes her look so much like a teddy bear. I really feel good about adopting her. She was not on the "endangered" list, but by adopting her we opened up a spot for another pet.

4 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooch ist die süß!!! Habe heute schon ein paar mal bei dir reingeguckt, weil ich das Foto sehehn wollte. Wünsche euch viel Freude mit FANCY. Jetzt brauchst du kein schlechtes Gewissen mehr haben, wenn du nicht zum Fitness center gehst, jetzt heißt es dogwalking bei jedem Wetter! Ich genieße das mit unserem Bobby, und zwar am liebsten alleine, weil man da prima sein Hirn sortieren kann.
LG Karin

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Maggii said...

I love how the colors flow like that.....how cool......it's like a pieice of artwork on your feet...

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Joanna said...

You're right. Definitely too cool to hide them under shoes. You'll have to attach a sole to them so that you can wear them like shoes. Ha!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh my gosh - I love those socks. I think I could look at them all day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home