Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Stripies


Look at these feet. Aren't they cute? No, not the feet, just the socks. This was my 5 year old yesterday. He insisted on wearing my hand knitted socks to school - in 85 F weather with shorts and t-shirt. Hey, if that doesn't spell love. Actually I think he wore them because he 1. ran out of white socks and 2. found them easier to put on. It's sweet though, that he wore them to school. I'm so touched. By the way the heels are grey too.

To keep you all posted, my stole I'm knitting together with Keri and Erica is up to 26+ repeats = less than 8 to go, yey!! (deep breath). I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I also started another one of my gnomes. Sorry Catherine, I adopted them to be mine now :) Like promised the next one is going to be a Santa. That's what happens if I can't sleep and get up at 3.30 am and I am done folding all of yesterdays laundry. Oh well. can you think of a better way to kill time?.... Didn't think so. Also, cross your fingers for me (if this is humanly possible while holding knitting needles). I'm applying for a job today, I mean a real one, not just a "welcome to .... how may I help you" job. So far, every time I was here in the states, I either had little kids, so I stayed home, or it was just one of those less than 10 bucks part time jobs. Let's see how this one goes. Don't feel bad for me if it doesn't work out, that would just mean more knitting time for me. Right now I just feel there must be more for me out there than just cleaning up after my family. I guess you all know that feeling. I'll keep you posted.

4 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Good luck with the job search! In a few years I'll have to do that too. :(

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are cute, and it's so sweet that your son insisted on wearing them to school! That would make any knitter proud.

Good luck with the job interview. I haven't worked since my daughter was born, and I fear the day I have to re-enter the workforce.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck I know you can do it! =)

Maybe you don't want to reenter the job force after my experience this week ;(

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

darn ;) he's sooo cute! love the socks, and yes what love wool stripped socks in a georgia fall! warm!can't wait to see what you knit next! ;) i have a feeling you'll be posting soon about funky socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home