Saturday, September 16, 2006

Progress Report

Ok, here is my progress report on the new baby blue baby blanket. Like it? I guess I'm finally making friends with my machine. At the end of this we were getting along pretty good, just didn't know where to pack the blanket once it started touching the floor. I ended up having to roll it over the comb. Anyway, it measures about 24 x 29 inches. For all you non-inchers, take a calculator and multiply by 2.54. Maybe I could have gone longer, but when the sides rolled in it seemed so much longer than wide, so I stopped. I even got the cast off right at the first try. Karin would be so proud of me! I'll crochet a border around it to hide all the little mistakes at the edges (did I just say that out loud?) plus I don't want to ruin it by messing up with a border I've never tried. Better play it save this time. I only used 3 packs of yarn, about 150 g. That'll leave me plenty to make more blankets. Actually, I was thinking of making a matching hat, similar in shape like the one Catherine just posted on her blog.

Right now I'm multi-tasking. I'm working on the pink heart socks, the stole together with Keri and Erica, the baby blanket, and I'm going to try to unravel and recycle two cotton sweaters I got from my sister (way too big and way too pink/purple). Hey, I just can't deside what to finish first and if feels so good when you can finish a couple of them right after each other. The bad thing about it is, that some of them end up with the aliens and turn into UFOs.

Well, that's it for now, I guess. One more thing: I just won some yarn from a seller from canada on ebay. It's cashmere! I'm all antsy about that now and it'll probably take forever to get here, especially when I'm waiting for it. Remember the boiling pot? Same thing. That's why I need to keep myself busy. Later.

3 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Erica said...

That is a very pretty blanket! And quick too!

I meant to answer you earlier, but got sidetracked. I have a pile of sweaters that I picked up dirt cheap at the thrift store to try to recycle, but haven't got around to it yet. I really should, some of it is nice yarn. Let us know how it goes for you.

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tätäää tätääää tätäääää!
Klar stolz bin!!!
Na dann kanns ja weitergehen!
LG Karin

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'm back online finally and the family just left. The blanket looks great, I love the pattern!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home