Thursday, September 14, 2006

Work in progress and more ripping

Ok, here is my stole that I'm working on together with Keri. I only have 6 repeats so far, got a little sidetracked with other things, but more of that later. Don't expect me do count stitches or anything. I have to say, the pattern itself is not bad. After only a few repeats I have the pattern down and don't even need the paper to look it up anymore. I just didn't like the grafting thing either. I assumed at first that I start at the middle, work my way out and then pick up the other side and do the same thing, but unfortunately that will make the waves run up the arm instead of down. Bummer. I did a similar stole for my MIL last year and the pattern was going all in one direction. It came out nice, but didn't have much of an elaborate border or anything, since it was my own creation. I just wanted to get it done and out of the house so she'd have her wish. ..... No need to add any more to that. Anyway, I think I have a little further to go before I have to deside what to do with it and then I'll see or better yet you'll see.

The side track was that I was going to make that blanket. Does anybody remember? No? Good, because that is a chapter that will be written of to experience. Walmart and Red Heart just don't go together with knitting machines. I thought I or the machine would die at some point. I survived and have a nice big ball of pastell yarn for my sister to crochet a blanket with and the machine survived without any more bent needles. As you can see we were getting busy and seeing eye to needle until I wanted to commemorate the moment and picked up my camera. Click. Good now off we go and the disaster happened - I picked up the wrong carriage and instead of knitting one row I ended up rearranging the needles for the next pattern part. Big mistake! And that was that. Savor the picture for the blanket on it is history. Loved the pattern, liked the color but absolutely hated the yarn. Would somebody please open a yarnstore in this @$&#$%* town? No answer to that prayer. Well, I'm off to my knitting again, trying to enjoy the last couple of quiet minutes in this house before the kids come home from school. I'll talk to you later, keep the needles going.

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Your stole is very pretty. What yarn are you using? Psst, I'll be joining ya'll tomorrow!

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great, I love the color!

The blanket is soo cute I can't believe how much you did so quickly on the machine, love the pattern, that one was my fave!

 
At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...hat ja schon ganz vielversprechend ausgesehen. Schade! Die Stola wir klasse!
Aber Geli-Maus, nicht aufgeben! Eine gute Zeit abwarten und weitermachen!
LG Karin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home