Sunday, September 17, 2006

Before and after

I just wanted to show you a before and after shot of the sweater. How do you like it? What's on the cone on the left is what's left of the other sleeve. It only took me a couple of minutes to wind it up. Bless whoever invented the wool winder and give him a bonus. This was a 100 % cotton sweater. Note the 2 very thin strings hanging off. That's how thin the yarn is. Even for the knitting machine I'll have to at least double it. I'll wind the 4 parts on seperate cones, so when I deside I want to knit something from this I can always take two cones at one time and make it a 4 ply yarn. I think I would have to take all four cones at once, if I even attempted to knit that thing up by hand again.

On another note I finished the mauve/hot pink heart socks and I'm still working on the stole of course. I'm on 12 reps now. I know, I'm slow on that one, but there are so many other things going on at the same time I want to try out and there is really no deadline on it. Exept if Keri and Erica get done way before me, then everything else has to be put on the backburner. I also surfed the net for a couple of other finished stoles like that. I found some that were knitted all the way in one direction and they looked great too. So that's probably what I'm going with. The baby blanket is still pinned to the floor awaiting my desition wether I want to try to machine knit, hand knit or crochet the border around it. Any suggestions are welcome. I'll take them in consideration.

5 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness, that is a very fine yarn! It would take a very long time to handknit a sweater at that gauge.

I was surprised to learn that I actually enjoyed ripping out old sweaters. I thought it would be difficult knowing the time I put into knitting them, but I found that since I wasn't wearing them anyway, it wasn't a big deal. What will you do with the reclaimed yarn? It's a very pretty color.

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Geli,
mach doch um die Babydecke so einen glatt-rechs-Rand wie für den Halsausschnitt, den wir hier übten. Ist aber ein hartes Stück Arbeit! Kannst den Umbruch ja mit Mausezähnchen machen, das würde doch super passen!
Noch ein Tipp: Die Anschlagreihen am Bündchen glätten sich, wenn du mit einer dünnen Stricknadel in den Anschlagtunnel fädelst und dann am Gestrick (mit der Nadel drinnen) ziehst.
Ciao Karin

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

love the color... and your spat with the knitting machine made me gigle... wow! never used one of those before, look complicated but fun!

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, tag you're it...check my blog!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger stricken madchen said...

Gutentag! I'm glad you found me. ;-) Where in Germany are you from? E-mail me about the stuff on the website... knitter29(at)msn(dot)com.
Love the color of your sweater!
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home