Friday, September 22, 2006

Baby Blues is over


Ok. the pictures might not be very flattering for the blanket, but I wanted to proof that it was finally done. I think it turned out all right and I learned a lot of things in the process, like don't sit on the machine, when you are pissed off or after a cup of coffee. That's when you grab your handknitting and let all your frustration or caffein out. Anyway, the one with the border is a little light, but I just wanted to show off the border with the little trim. Turned out ok. I think. Now I moved up to other things.

Besides the stole I started on a little gnome. It's a tester and if he comes out presentable, I'll introduce you to him. Then he'll have a little brother too. I'm planning an all male family of them in the future. I guess you could also call it a litter? I also had another inspiration yesterday. I have boxes of clothes that are cluttering my closet and are going into the upcoming yardsale. Lots of them are fairly new jeans, handed down from my sister and sister in law. Sister = too short, sister-in-law = too small. But they are still good for one thing that benefits me: I can cut them up and sew them into a jeans rag blanket. I don't want to call it a quilt, because I won't put a batting, much too warm and too heavy, not to mention the stress on my poor sewing machine (which I by the way like a lot more than my knitting machine!!!!). I can imagine the different shades of blue and the raggy, fraied edges. Now it's just the matter of doing it. Please don't let me forget it, or it will be left on my to-do-list and will never get done and crossed out.

2 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Wow, that was a fast blanket. I should rethink this machine thing. The new look is great too!

 
At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jetzt biste aber stolz, was? Haqste prima hingekriegt!
Karin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home