Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Quick update

I just wanted to give you a quick update on what I've been up to.

I started on Mama Llama Sock #2, can't run around with only sock. After all it's starting to get cold now. I also got to work on my stole for a change. I finished the center and had a heck of a time fitting all those 640 stitches on my 32" needle. What a bunched up mess. I also have to find some nice stitch markers, since I used safty pins instead. I made a couple of my own modifications. Instead of breaking the yarn and casting on at the beginning of a long side, I just did an invisible cast on at the beginning of the short row, since I was there already. Works out just fine. And instead of knitting all the way to the edge, I did the german thing, where we slip the last stitch of purlwise, turn the work, and then start the first stitch of the next row with a twisted knit stitch. Instead of a bumpy edge, it gives it a nice finish that looks like it's cast off. I'm sure there is a name for that, I just don't know the proper english term for it. It's going really fast now, since there are only 17 stitches or so on the edge to work with and I already have the first short side done.

I also got two new books in the mail today. Amazon was really fast. Instead of next week, I got the books 3 days after ordering, almost a week earlier. Yeyh. I got the Folk Shawls and a book for christmas stockings. Can't start early enough these days. Sorry about the glare on the picture, but I guess you can see it. Well Erica, Keri and Rachel, let's do another round of lace sometime?
I think I have to get started on those stockings. Now that I got the book earlier than expected, I guess I really have to speed up my knitting to get all my future projects taken care of in time. After all stockings are seasonal.

Well, boys gotta got to school and I gotta knit.

Later :)

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous keri said...

yea you got your books! Can't wait to see how the xmas stockings turn out.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger knitwit said...

Huhu Angelika,
ich habe das Buch auch, ueber stockings!
Wie ist denn das Folk shawls, ich beaugel ja schon so einige Shawl books...
Habe mich auch bei den military knitters eingetragen, aber natuerlich klappt das mit dem Button nicht...
Liebe Gruesse,
Anja

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Rachel said...

What do you think of the Christmas stocking book? I keep meaning to knit stockings for my family, but never get around to it. Maybe that book would give me inspiration?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home