Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Quick update

I just wanted to give you a quick update on what I've been up to.

I started on Mama Llama Sock #2, can't run around with only sock. After all it's starting to get cold now. I also got to work on my stole for a change. I finished the center and had a heck of a time fitting all those 640 stitches on my 32" needle. What a bunched up mess. I also have to find some nice stitch markers, since I used safty pins instead. I made a couple of my own modifications. Instead of breaking the yarn and casting on at the beginning of a long side, I just did an invisible cast on at the beginning of the short row, since I was there already. Works out just fine. And instead of knitting all the way to the edge, I did the german thing, where we slip the last stitch of purlwise, turn the work, and then start the first stitch of the next row with a twisted knit stitch. Instead of a bumpy edge, it gives it a nice finish that looks like it's cast off. I'm sure there is a name for that, I just don't know the proper english term for it. It's going really fast now, since there are only 17 stitches or so on the edge to work with and I already have the first short side done.

I also got two new books in the mail today. Amazon was really fast. Instead of next week, I got the books 3 days after ordering, almost a week earlier. Yeyh. I got the Folk Shawls and a book for christmas stockings. Can't start early enough these days. Sorry about the glare on the picture, but I guess you can see it. Well Erica, Keri and Rachel, let's do another round of lace sometime?
I think I have to get started on those stockings. Now that I got the book earlier than expected, I guess I really have to speed up my knitting to get all my future projects taken care of in time. After all stockings are seasonal.

Well, boys gotta got to school and I gotta knit.

Later :)

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea you got your books! Can't wait to see how the xmas stockings turn out.

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think of the Christmas stocking book? I keep meaning to knit stockings for my family, but never get around to it. Maybe that book would give me inspiration?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home