Sunday, October 01, 2006

One down, one to go

Well, here is the fruit of this weekends labor. One of the socks is done!! Tadaaah.

I like the funky stripes and the fact that it has pink in it makes them mine. I surely won't have to fight with anybody in my all male household over those socks. I even had to open the toe one more time to add some more rows, because I measured wrong the first time or I would have posted them earlier. Since I roll down my longer socks all the time I desided to make these semi-ankle high. I also found that I like the short row heals and the same thing for the toes. It gives it a store bought look and it won't let my big toe poke a hole through the closing stitches at toe band. Trust me, it happened before and I was not happy. I just sew the toe over on the bottom and nobody will see where I ended my socks. Now lets just hope the second one turns out like this one.

4 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

OMG I love them! very funky!

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, those are definitely girly socks. I'm very interested to see how sock #2 pools.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

Now those are some seriously fun socks!

I couldn't find your email addy, so I'll answer you here (hope that's ok). You asked about the butt/face towels. I appliqued the letters on them. I cut out the fabric letters, ironed them on the towel using fusible web to hold them in place and then zig-zag stitched around them. It was super easy.

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool and funky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home