Thursday, September 28, 2006

Presenting - SANTA

I know it's kinda early for christmas, but it doesn't hurt to be ready. So may I present - tadaah, Santa, the big brother of Barbarossa. I finally got him all done. He is taller than Barbarossa, just to see how the variation of the bigger pattern worked out. I think he turned out pretty cute too. Must run in the family. I hope he'll be the one to get me my first customer on etsy. I'm getting a little frustrated about it, but I guess we artists go through that phase. Hey, we ARE artists. We are able to create things other people have to go to stores for.


I also found another cool place here on post for me. I just happened to stroll into our local crafty souvenir store. Anything to do with this unit here, the army, americana or just plain crafty is welcome there to be sold on commission. I think that would be another market for to sell my items, I would just have to alter my style a little to fit their theme. We'll see what I come up with, but it is definately opening the door for more possibilities.

Now that I got Santa done I have more time to work on my stole with Keri and Erica again to catch up with them. I know Keri is way ahead of us, but the way I am procrastinating, I'm sure I'm the one finishing last. I know it's not a competition, but it's better to keep up. That's the point of doing it together! I need to focus and work on this so I can finish this. That's what my husband always complains about. I have too many projects going at the same time. Hey, I just have too many ideas and by the time I get one done, I'm afraid I'll forget about the other ones. I guess I should invest in stock with sticky notes, because I'm gonna need them, so I won't forget them. Well, I better get going and get those needles clicking again. Later ...

5 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Don't worry, I haven't touched the stole since yesterday morning. Tomorrow night is the first chance I'll get to it.

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santa is just too cute! I hope you are able to sell him on post, or some of your other crafts (btw, your etsy link is not working).
The stole knitting is not a race, but look how well you've all cheered each other on! Like you said, the point is to knit it together, and encourage each other.

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey it's easy to knit a lot of lace when you don't have kids pulling you every which way. The edging is kicking my behind, you're going to be grateful to me when you there and I've already toughed it out.

Love the cutie little santa, he'll be a bestseller for sure, you're so talented! =)

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger stricken madchen said...

Your santa is cute! I have that pattern & have been wanting to knit him too. ;-)

 
At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tsching tsching tsching! Sag mal, der Nikolausi findet ja die Kamine gar nicht mit dieser Kappe! Dann gibts halt nix zu Weihnachten *gg* . Haste wieder mal schön hingekriegt, echt süß!
Karin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home