Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Socks, socks and more socks

Well, here is my sock stash to show off. Somehow it looked like a lot more laying there on the floor. Some of them are in my little sons drawer, but not that many. I could add the baby sock and bootie collection to that, but I guess that's gotta be another post.

How do you like my massage socks? I got the pattern from a sock book and as far as I know it's a pattern from Schachmayr for Regia sock yarn using the short row heel which they call the boomerang heel. I'm wearing them now and they are pretty comfy. I just don't know if I want to wear them inside shoes. Might be a little thick, but they are great to run around the house with and slide across the floors.

Here is the doggy stocking I'm working on at the moment. Cute isn't it? I had a little knitting circle going on in front of my house yesterday. The girls in the neighborhood saw me sitting outside knitting all the time and one of them has a set of those circular knitting things. I got her started on a piece and now two more joined in. I showed them how to knit back and forth to make a scarf. I prefer the needles, but in this case we use what's at hand and it seems to keep the girls busy. The moms sure appriciate it that their girls are doing something like this. It's fun too. As long as I don't sit there in a rocker with my hair up and my glasses slipped down on my nose. Maybe I should do that for halloween - looking like the grany from the Beverly Hillbillies? Don't tempt me.

3 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

those socks are very neat! love the look of them! kinda reminds me of cleats for sports... these are like cleats for sock fans!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger stricken madchen said...

Those socks are very cool. I think that's so neat that the neighbor girls are joining you with knitting. When I knit outside on our porch, it is usually the little girls who come look. I love the stories they share with me then. So different than the few words my boys muster. ;-)

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those massage socks are soooo cool! I have never seen anything like them. I used to have some massage sandals I loved, but I've never seen a sock pattern like that!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home