Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It is done - finally!!!

I don't think I have to tell you any more? I finally finished the Print O'The Wave Stole. Wow, that was ONE big stole, I tell you. I don't know right now how long it took me, nor did I bother figuring out the stitch count. You can get all that from Keri's blog, she has hers done already and hopefully soon you'll get to see Erica's stole too and then we can all be proud of it. I have yet to enjoy the magic transformation of blocking everybody is always talking about. I just pulled the wet thing out of the water to roll it up in some towels, so there is nothing magical about it yet. I didn't think you wanted to see a rolled up towel, so there is no picture of it yet. Sorry. I'm still trying to figure out where to put the darn thing up to dry, without having my carpet wet for the next couple of days. I also have no idea how long this takes. The stole I made for my MIL I just sent it off without even thinking the word "block". I hope she'll forgive me.

I gotta leave you now awaiting the first pictures of the stole. Don't bite your finger nails too short in the meantime. I'll snap a picture as soon as the stole is presentable.

5 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Finally found a couple of "in progress" pictures of it! It's going to look lovely once it's blocked. Finding a space to block is always a problem here especially since we have hardwood.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Drying shouldn't take too long. Put a fan next to it and it'll go much faster. Can't wait to see yours!!!

 
At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest the same thing Erica did. When I block lace, I usually soak it, run it through the spin cycle in my machine to get most of the water out, and pin it out on my bed (on my husband's side :). I aim a fan right on it, and it dries very quickly this way. I can't wait to see the finished stole!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

woooo hooo! its done :)

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to see it in person and it's lovely and very pretty! Can't wait til you get your pics loaded.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home