Monday, November 06, 2006

Guess what I just made?

When it works, I really love that knitting machine of mine. After dragging on with those mittens for a couple of days I needed some instant gratification, so I decided to get acquainted with my knitting machine again. After trying a lace pattern a few times and not getting the desired results, I decided to give fair isles a try and guess what, it was a lot faster than the lace. Look what I can do:









It is so nice being able to do this so fast and especially so even without having to worry about the tension. This blanket is 180 stitches wide and 330 rows long. I still have to put the border around it and make it look nice and then I can give it to my neighbor. I also like it that the strings in the back are short enough that I don't have to worry about little fingers or anything else getting snagged in it and pulling on it. Wow, now if I can only figure out how to make Christmas stockings like this, I'll be set. Karin, any suggestions?

5 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Marina said...

That's about the size of a body (~330 sts x ~180 rows). Now how long did that take you? ::: Groan ::: I'm too old to learn new things!

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at how quick that turned out, and lovely too!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Erica said...

That's very nice! Hmm... A machine...

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Joanna said...

Awww, man!!! I need to get myself one of those. What kind do you have? How big is it? Could you be so kind as to post a picture? I'm so jealous you can just crank that stuff out. It's beautiful!

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Baby, ich hab im Mont nicht viel Zeit für Suggestionen... Vielleicht nächste Woche... Weihnachtssocken für Strim? Anleitung schreiben? Mal gucken....
LG von der hippeligen Karin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home